Nearly a Z owner. Money burning a hole :)

Hi people, just want to say thanks to all who run this site and take an active part in helping others, i'm sure i will be needing your help at some point. Still looking for a Z, bit scared of imports and want the GT pack, pref in black with lowish miles

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbs: Dont be scared of imports, nothing wrong with them at all. There is a guides section and a frequently asked question section so have a look in there and that will help you out a bit. :thumbs:

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

I wouldnt be too scared of imports, provided you know what they are spec wise you will be fine.

11k isnt a bad budget, you should get something nice for that.

And before any comments are made, we have one of the team with the same name as you so this may explain any lateral comments. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

There's bucket loads of zeds for sale these days so you have plenty of choices. I woulodn;lt worry too much about imports as many many people here own them, myself included, and as long as your careful when buying you will be fine - much the same as buying any car!

If you find any on Autotrader or pistonheads etc post a link up and people can tell you if its a good deal or a lemon :thumbs:

Chances of someone with the same name with the same good taste in cars :). been routing through lots of posts seem to have found most of the common problems, nothing too bad that would put me off. That's 3 nods on imports not being a problem, will look into insurance implications and also specs seem pretty similar, heard that suspension was too hard. So far quoted 1150 for fully comp on a uk GT coupe and crap citreon c3 for the missus, not bad!. Also found there are some good cars with orange seats, not my taste, may get one and advertise a seat swap?

Chances of someone with the same name with the same good taste in cars :). been routing through lots of posts seem to have found most of the common problems, nothing too bad that would put me off. That's 3 nods on imports not being a problem, will look into insurance implications and also specs seem pretty similar, heard that suspension was too hard. So far quoted 1150 for fully comp on a uk GT coupe and crap citreon c3 for the missus, not bad!. Also found there are some good cars with orange seats, not my taste, may get one and advertise a seat swap?

my insurance didnt change at all with an import, never noticed harder suspension between the JDM and UK either

I think id get way too many "you'v been tango'd remarks" and i live in dark jeans that would dye them. Well hopefully will be a new owner soon will def use your help rooting out a good deal. Lease up on the vw tiguan ( :yawn: ) end of august, but i want one now :drive1

Hi people, just want to say thanks to all who run this site and take an active part in helping others, i'm sure i will be needing your help at some point. Still looking for a Z, bit scared of imports and want the GT pack, pref in black with lowish miles

Same here, been hiding the money from the misses so as I can do the deed. Best way just turn up in it, have a blue and the next day it's all over....yeah right. Enough of the fantasy, me too looking for an "06" but must have bluetooth, satnav and be 75mm narrower than normal so as I can get her in the garage...... the last part of the spec proving difficult to source so might have to to cut some chunks out of the garage uprights to accomodate the wing mirrors. My kind of lateral thinking that one!!!!!

I'll get there...!!

:cloud9::drive1:shrug:

Same here, been hiding the money from the misses so as I can do the deed. Best way just turn up in it, have a blue and the next day it's all over....yeah right. Enough of the fantasy, me too looking for an "06" but must have bluetooth, satnav and be 75mm narrower than normal so as I can get her in the garage...... the last part of the spec proving difficult to source so might have to to cut some chunks out of the garage uprights to accomodate the wing mirrors. My kind of lateral thinking that one!!!!!

I'll get there...!!

:cloud9::drive1:shrug:

Think a car cover would do the trick ;)