New wheels, Dont think they need spacers

Husky

Rims do look good and the offsets are perfect. B)

I see you have chosen 30 profile tyres - which seems to be the main reason for the lowering need, looks-wise. Was that a deliberate profile choice or was it dictated by the Vred Sessanta sizes available?

How are you finding the ride with that profile? With the 19" Nismo wheels the recommended profile (going back to Big Phil's days) was 35. On the 370 the tyre profiles are 40 and I was surprised just how much difference in the rolling wheel diameter there is between the 35 and 40 profiles - over an inch when I did a side by side comparison.

And if the Sessantas are now nicely scrubbed in, how you finding them in the wet and dry?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not quite all the way scrubbed in but getting there. As far as i can tell so far.. the car in a straight line doesnt have enough power to pull the backs off the ground at all. I'm actually more worried about putting to much stress on the drivetrain in 1st as there is nowhere for it to go now :blush: its a case of move the car or snap something.

Yes 30 profile was more dictated by the vred sizes available, 295 30 is the biggest size they make for a 19 wheel :surrender: i agree thats the reason for the look of needing lowered and expected this to be the case before they went on. The only way to get a 35 profile is to go for a more expensive tyre which i didn't fancy spending 1k on tyres as you can imagine. the difference is 2.5% which is as out as you can get away with really.

the ride is actually brilliant, very comfortable, if anything i would say its nicer than my nankang re040 abomination i had on the rays. quieter and for some reason seems to soak up cats eyes a bit more.

the profile is a % of the width so mine being 295 30 means that it is 88.5 where as a nismo would be 96.25. not as much of a difference but still enough to be noticeable yes.

:clap: Excellent choice mate! One of my favourite rims and not bank-breaking. Where did you get them from and dare I ask how much?

imported them from the Us mate :thumbs:

money.. got to keep some secrets now :lol:

enough..

Blimey, its like getting blood out of a stone! :lol:

Can you tell me who in the US? Adam? Or would you have to kill me?

So i added 3mm spacers to the front today :)

that brings the front offset out from 25 to 22, the reason for this is that you could just about squish your pinky inbetween the wheel and the metal suspension gubbins of the car. now i can chill out about the idea of the tyre rubbing where i cant see it. looks seriously aggressive now though :lol:

I like the alloys but really unsure of the tyres.... I think a bigger profile would have looked alot better. Are you putting a kit on it at all? I love the wheels on this zed...... complete show car but think it flows well.

vinyl.jpg

So i added 3mm spacers to the front today :)

that brings the front offset out from 25 to 22, the reason for this is that you could just about squish your pinky inbetween the wheel and the metal suspension gubbins of the car. now i can chill out about the idea of the tyre rubbing where i cant see it. looks seriously aggressive now though :lol:

wheels look very cool mate. like them a lot

is there a thread somewhere that explains offsets as i am unsure about what it means, i know its something to do with.... umm, ok, i have no idea. cheers

Cheers fiddy :thumbs::)

Jay, i completely agree with you about the tyres, it was a bit of a gamble to see how they would look being the 30 profile instead of 35. i would have had to spend double the amount to get 35 profile tyres though and i just couldn't justify that at the same time as spending so much on the car. when they are replaced i will most likely put 35 profile on to finish the look perfectly :)

Matt, there is a huge amount of info on wheel offsets about the web, this site, my350 etc. its just about sitting down and getting the basics right in your head and then going through lots and lots and lots of pictures on my350 to get a "feel" of what each offset combined with wheel size and tyre size looks like. Its not rocket science just a couple of measurements :thumbs: