BEWARE IPHONE 4 BUYERS

Zedrush

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all the cafuffle i'm going to look at other alternatives, i may end up staying with the wonder phone, but i may end up else where.

am also going to check whats due for release, as my contract ends in july i may wait for something new to come out in 3 months if there is something worth waiting for.

Go on O2's web site there is an early contract upgrade page where you put your current contract end date and they tell you how much you pay as a one off payment then carry on with your current contract. For me it would cost £300!!!! Then my normal plan as current but they will give me £235 for my current iPhone 3gs as a recycle job? Pricey but it's best to wait until your a good way through your contract or wait until the new one has been around a while and the bugs have been found.

Otherwise download the free upgrade to 4 os when that ready for your 3gs phone?

Looks like they are removing the unlimited data plans for new contracts, coinciding with the release of the 4g phone.

Ill go through the invoices when our contract is up and see how much each person is using on data, if the standard package doesn't cover this level then o2 can shove it up their backside and Ill get the 4g phones on a different network when our contract runs out in 2011 , or move to another phone alltogether as by then the Android and other phones will have really progressed way beyong the iphone I reckon.

Aplle has had a few years to come up with the next groundbreaking development for the iphone, and what do they manage - a flash and a higher res screen. Seriously, put the ipad dev team in the bin and concentrate on the product that millions of people actually want to use. :wacko:

Not all bad, O2 want £255 to upgrade mine (business contract) and will give me £165 back for my 3GS 16GB. £90 to upgrade seems fair to me :shrug:

EDIT: Read that wrong, they will give me £221 for my 3GS :yahoo:

Looks like they are removing the unlimited data plans for new contracts, coinciding with the release of the 4g phone.

Ill go through the invoices when our contract is up and see how much each person is using on data, if the standard package doesn't cover this level then o2 can shove it up their backside and Ill get the 4g phones on a different network when our contract runs out in 2011 , or move to another phone alltogether as by then the Android and other phones will have really progressed way beyong the iphone I reckon.

Aplle has had a few years to come up with the next groundbreaking development for the iphone, and what do they manage - a flash and a higher res screen. Seriously, put the ipad dev team in the bin and concentrate on the product that millions of people actually want to use. :wacko:

whats the deal with these android phones? I have a htc hero and i cant stand it, its the worst phone i have ever owned :dry::wacko: yet everyone says to me oh wow you have an android phone, am i miss using it?

mazumobile, or whatever it is called, will give me £180 for my old 3g and to upgrade it will cost me £60 - looks like I'm getting an iPhone4 :yahoo:

Oh and zedrush - my gf and her sister both have different HTC phones and I really don't see why people rate them over the iphone!

how can you tell what amount of data you use on a monthly basis? Need to check it is below the maximum, [ which I'm sure it will be as I generally use the iphone to browse the forum :p ] so I can find my new tariff

look at your past bills or use wi-fi where possible like work or home etc

as you already have an Iphone 3G get the free app from O2 (if your with O2) and it will tell you how much left each month etc - hope this helps :)

Just checked with regards the upgrade, and by selling my 3GS for £221, I can buy out/upgrade for £320, which means a total cost of £99 for me.

But what changes from that? does it mean I'm moving to a new crappy tarrif? I quite like the one I'm on at the moment, especially the unlimited internet :dry:

TBH looking at my usage, I've used 220MB since getting the phone in Oct (over 3G not WiFi). So I guess 500MB a month is more than enough. All it stops is the people who JailBreak and then tether the phone with a laptop to get mobile internet. Will be interesting to see what useage you get if you buy the tethering bolt-on with the new tariffs, wonder if you go back up to unlimited?

I'm lucky that most of the time I am at home or in the office, both of which have Wifi.

TBH looking at my usage, I've used 220MB since getting the phone in Oct (over 3G not WiFi). So I guess 500MB a month is more than enough. All it stops is the people who JailBreak and then tether the phone with a laptop to get mobile internet. Will be interesting to see what useage you get if you buy the tethering bolt-on with the new tariffs, wonder if you go back up to unlimited?

I'm lucky that most of the time I am at home or in the office, both of which have Wifi.

I'm in the same boat bud, i've only used 750mb (none wi-fi data) in 18 months of ownership so the 500mb p/month is easily enough....... :thumbs:

Go on O2's web site there is an early contract upgrade page where you put your current contract end date and they tell you how much you pay as a one off payment then carry on with your current contract. For me it would cost £300!!!! Then my normal plan as current but they will give me £235 for my current iPhone 3gs as a recycle job? Pricey but it's best to wait until your a good way through your contract or wait until the new one has been around a while and the bugs have been found.

Otherwise download the free upgrade to 4 os when that ready for your 3gs phone?

Awesome.. it's free for me :D

I've used 3.1Gb since buying it a year ago...still gives me plenty with 500Mb per month though :teeth:

I managed to use 1GB last month alone :blush:

spending far too much time on iFap!

IFAP is a global network of farmers' organizations. Provides news, publishes newsletters and has regional and commodity groups.

www.ifap.org/

:lol:

Just checking the possible upgrade contracts for o2 and it says 20p for picture messages. Is this new? I always thought it counted under your texts and if unlimited, was then free..

Hmm, don't think I like these new contracts.

Just checking the possible upgrade contracts for o2 and it says 20p for picture messages. Is this new? I always thought it counted under your texts and if unlimited, was then free..

Hmm, don't think I like these new contracts.

I always understood this as simply costing 2 texts........ don't think it's anything new...?

my upgrade cost is 20 quid, am very tempted to go ahead with this and upgrade to the new iphone. not seen anything out there that offers anything i like.

internet limit doesn't bother me as i don't think im a heavy user. just wondering if i go for 18 or 24 month contract