Pulling away from M3

Demolition49

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z4M is a propper Marmite car, Im firmly in the hate camp on that one.

It still reminds me of the original Z3 and that scene in whatever James Bond film it was used in, he looked like a great big girl driving that, almost as if the real James Bond was about to appear in his Aston and tell the girly imposter to bugger off. Never thought they are right for a bloke ever since. :lol:

i've stuck with jap cars because i know them, and like them, zee germans haven't done anything yet to fully tempt me over to the dark side. i did toy with the idea but they haven't built any "drivers" cars in my price range that i like both internally and externally.

was very tempted by the boxster but didn't liek the internal dash, and thats where you spend all your time.

agreed audi residuals are silly high

the only german that nearly got my money was the Z4M coupe. but still expensive. looks are subjective, to me its a stunner but others find the rear pig ugly.

Good call on the Z4M! Gorgeous!! I did fancy the Golf R32 though. I like them a lot but it just doesn't have the wow factor that you get with the Zed. :teeth:

I hate boxters! what a crap looking car!..... im obviously talking about the shape with the minging head lights! anyone after that looks rather nice! :)

i'd look at the merc amg equivilant stew, the noise they make is pants wettingly good :lol:

;)

I keep my eye on AMGs.

My Dad has a 2009 S Class and a 1992 mint SL so merc is very much on my radar.

I am keeping a VERY keen eye on the price of IS-Fs too. You heard one of them?

i'd look at the merc amg equivilant stew, the noise they make is pants wettingly good :lol:

;)

I keep my eye on AMGs.

not heard one but i do like your taste, a very real bmw beater that one lexus make some nice cars, and the dash on it is magic

Yeah but the TT comes with the hairdresser image!! :lol:

even the zed has a hair dresser image mate, just depends on who you talk to ;)

I utterly disagree!! I've only had it said once and that was a guy on a building site. He said that "his boss had test drove one on a track and thought it handled like @*!#" I got rather upset and had to walk away before i said something i'd regret. The guy's boss is clearly a toss pot! :rant:

Ok german cars you mention:

Z4M: Unbelievably quick! My mate had one and he absolutely left my zed in the dust. He didn't like how it felt at low speeds though.

SL55 AMG Brabus edition: This is a 200mph+ car. Another friend of mine owns this car. I call it Kitt.. The alarm system he has on there, he can actually have a conversation with the car and whoever's driving it. I've sat with him once in the car, and the acceleration + torque was just savage. Was recently dyno'd at 580bhp (I was standing there while it happened). Amazing car! A+ (too heavy though for much cornering fun! :p)

I utterly disagree!! :rant:

thats cos you drive one ;)

its annoying when people say that isn't it ;)

to be honest hair dressers make good money and like to buy nice cars, alot of thing sin the prestige market are hairdresser cars because they can afford to buy them. has nowt to do with the quality of the car, and only people in the know; about their cars will know what is and isn;t a good car.

In which parallel universe is an SL55 AMG Brabus considered to be a competitor for the Z? :wacko:

It's in a completely different league... B)

But read that people were talking about them so contributed my 2 cents...

Cayman S is what I want next.... poor mans porsche 911 whatever :shrug::dry:

I like them and thats what it boils down too..... I actually think they look nicer than 911s :cloud9:

The fact that when the Zed goes the missus will insist I get a Volvo or some other family friendly car is another matter altogether :bangin::lol:

love the cayman S best looking porsche in my eyes, prefer it to the 911

good luck with the new volvo :lol:

Cayman S is what I want next.... poor mans porsche 911 whatever :shrug::dry:

I like them and thats what it boils down too..... I actually think they look nicer than 911s :cloud9:

The fact that when the Zed goes the missus will insist I get a Volvo or some other family friendly car is another matter altogether :bangin::lol:

love the cayman S best looking porsche in my eyes, prefer it to the 911

good luck with the new volvo :lol:

Getting a Volvo myself :blush: not replacing the Z though...

to be honest hair dressers make good money and like to buy nice cars, alot of thing sin the prestige market are hairdresser cars because they can afford to buy them. has nowt to do with the quality of the car, and only people in the know; about their cars will know what is and isn;t a good car.

Dunno what you'v been smoking mate! :wacko: I've never heard of the Zed referred to as a hair dressers car. It's highly respected in fact by all of my mate's and they would be the first to say it. Not to mention its lineage that goes back 30 odd years to the old fairlady's which are considered classics, none of them reffered to as hair dresser cars.

I think your just trying to bring us down to your s2k level, which clearly is one! :bangin:

Well this has gone way OT :lol: I just like cars with big engines to be fair, the Zed being the only car i could actually insure at 22! Next car is a shelby gt 500 and thats the new shape which you can actually get for around 15k 2005 reg! Does anyone think that compares with the zed?

Shelby-GT500-Red-Stripe.jpg

Dunno what you'v been smoking mate! :wacko: I've never heard of the Zed referred to as a hair dressers car. It's highly respected in fact by all of my mate's and they would be the first to say it. Not to mention its lineage that goes back 30 odd years to the old fairlady's which are considered classics, none of them reffered to as hair dresser cars.

I think your just trying to bring us down to your s2k level, which clearly is one! :bangin:

Its well known that the roadster drivers on here get some abuse for being hairdressers ;)

;)

I keep my eye on AMGs.

Did anyone see the is-f in banzaii a month or two ago..... Wow what a machine.