Pulling away from M3

Demolition49

I was chugging along at 50 doing the limit on the A3 the other day when a BMW came flying up right up behind me so close i couldnt see his front end... I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT... i never do this on normal roads let alone at high speed... if i was to brake its game over for both of us!

Anyways.... i dropped in to 3rd, floored it and he floored too but i pulled away and eventually there were about 10 car spaces between us at around errrr 50ish ...

he then tryed it again and i pulled away again... I was well surprised! :scare:

I thought the M3 was faster than the 350z... but then again this was an older shape m3.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was one of the seemingly millions of people who drive 3 series that dress them up as M3's ?

+1

What age M3?

An E46 or E92 M3 would pee on a Zed generally.

Maybe it was one of the seemingly millions of people who drive 3 series that dress them up as M3's ?

No pretty sure it was an M3 saw it from behind when i turned off and pretty sure it was proper exhausts just didnt look like a dressed up one.

He was right up close to me for a while but i was slowly edging away so seems very fast for a regular 3 series?

Im probably wrong :lol:

Looked like an e46

+1

What age M3?

An E46 or E92 M3 would pee on a Zed generally.

Not always :ninja:;)

:lol: owned....

i once beat a Ferrari off the lights in my mums metro.

admittedly it was in the other lane for turning right, but i was still quicker

Demolition, get the car out on track... if its a small track with lots of corners you'll be surprised what cars can keep up with you ;-)

:yawn:

+1

Sorry Demoltion but there are so many variables (what car did they have/was he ACTUALLy racing you) that it's not worth thinking about.

I tracked my 350z recently with uprated discs/pads/engine/exhaust/air filter/tyres and was consistently 2 seconds a lap slower than an E46 M3.

+1

Sorry Demoltion but there are so many variables (what car did they have/was he ACTUALLy racing you) that it's not worth thinking about.

I tracked my 350z recently with uprated discs/pads/engine/exhaust/air filter/tyres and was consistently 2 seconds a lap slower than an E46 M3.

Exactly.

Swap the drivers around and the 2 second gap may still be there as he may just be a better driver. Far too many variables to state X car is faster than Y car...............

+1

Exactly.

Swap the drivers around and the 2 second gap may still be there as he may just be a better driver. Far too many variables to state X car is faster than Y car...............

Agreed, just stating what happened as i said

Having an M3 "for breakfast" in a vx220 may be a little optimistic, with only a little edge on the bhp ton, and 20% ish less torque. The Zed will hold its own in the midrange, and it certainly wont be revving its nuts off like a turbo 4 pot to get the speed up.