North East Future Owner

Hi everyone,

I'm Chris from near Yarm in the North East. I'm 20 and drive a 1996 2.0 Toyota MR2. I'm looking to change my car after summer (when I'll be 21) maybe Sep time once I have started my first real job and the money comes in.

The 350Z's have always appealed, especially as I want my next car to still look great and drive well but to have some serious grunt at lowish revs rather than having to thrash it all the time like with my MR2.

I have yet to drive or even be a passenger in a 350Z, so I know that's my next step really, but wondered what running costs were like? I know they're a serious performance car, but in terms of reliability, fuel, servicing costs etc? I have looked at insurance and as I will be 21 when I get the car it's reasonable, more so than I expected! :)

I will only be doing 500-600 miles a month when I start the job so low MPG isn't a huge issue, within reason!

I will be spending £10-£12k on the car, and from looking on autotrader I gather that's enough for an early example with reasonable miles. I would want a Uk one not import as the insurance is more.

Thanks for any info, it's appreciated :)

welcome to the forum.

I am also in the north east and am on my summer hols from college.

i wont have much free time during the world cup as i wanna watch every game but if you wanna drop me a pm then i could come take you for a spin.

you said you wanted something with a bit of a grunt at low revs, you'll definately experience that with mine.

welcome to the forum.

i wont have much free time during the world cup as i wanna watch every game but if you wanna drop me a pm then i could come take you for a spin.

you said you wanted something with a bit of a grunt at low revs, you'll definately experience that with mine.

That'd be brilliant thanks Matt :) Had a quick look at your sig but what mods in terms of performance etc has yours had? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbs: I was 21 when I got my zed and have an import but it didnt cost me any more because of the import................ weird. Try bell.co. :thumbs: k as they have sorted alot of us younger drivers out with good prices. Happy zed hunting :)

welcome to the forum.

That'd be brilliant thanks Matt :) Had a quick look at your sig but what mods in terms of performance etc has yours had? Thanks!

only thing i have that will make a difference is the exhaust i have, k1, and i am not sure how much diff that makes. a lot of diff to the noise, thats for sure.

Thanks for welcomings everyone :D

only thing i have that will make a difference is the exhaust i have, k1, and i am not sure how much diff that makes. a lot of diff to the noise, thats for sure.

Japspeed? I havea Japspeed system on my MR2, if yours is anything like mine I'm sure it'll be seriously loud! :lol:

I'll be watching a lot of the games too so don't worry about that! Is it best if you PM me when would be best to meet up? I'm on hols after finishing my degree too so am pretty free at the minute really.

Thanks for welcomings everyone :D

Japspeed? I havea Japspeed system on my MR2, if yours is anything like mine I'm sure it'll be seriously loud! :lol:

I'll be watching a lot of the games too so don't worry about that! Is it best if you PM me when would be best to meet up? I'm on hols after finishing my degree too so am pretty free at the minute really.

well in that case what you upto today. i could have a look down your way shortly if you like, or we could meet up somewhere in between, minimeet!

Hi Chris, and :welcome:

As pointed out by martinmac and Lexx, I live in Yarm and drive through the high street at least twice a day :)

Drop me a PM if you have any questions or want a poke around one. I'm sure between me and Matt we can sort something out. You've definately done the first thing right though........joined this club :thumbs: loads of help and advice about, just use the search and read the FAQ.

Hear from you soon

Shuck

Hi and welcome mate.

as a former MR2 owner myself and new to the Zed also you are making a good decision. We havent taken delivery of the Zed yet(that's saturday morning) but have driven about 7 so far. they are awesome.

oh and as a former MR2 owner, let's have some pics of the 2 mate. :thumbs:

Hi Chris, and :welcome:

As pointed out by martinmac and Lexx, I live in Yarm and drive through the high street at least twice a day :)

Drop me a PM if you have any questions or want a poke around one. I'm sure between me and Matt we can sort something out. You've definately done the first thing right though........joined this club :thumbs: loads of help and advice about, just use the search and read the FAQ.

Hear from you soon

Shuck

PM on its way Shuck, thanks :)

Very nice mr2 mate, rev4 if I'm not mistaken???

Here is my old rev3:

50d7.jpg

Yeh Rev4 TBar :)

Nice 2-will you let me know what the 350Z is like when it arrives (kind of a comparison with the 2?)

EDIT-If you've already driven many...how does it compare??