Ripping old exhaust off, my struggle, DONE pics p5

Husky

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah :lol:

TBH most of the hard work polishing was done by doogyrev, i just gave it its final shine. you can do it by hand but i thought i'd experiment with the dremel. worked well so i was happy with it :) i would say if your exhaust is in relly good nick already i'd go over it with 1500 grit and then autosol and then megs polish and it will be seriously good. this one isnt perfect but im happy enough with it. :)

cheers guys :thumbs:

TBH most of the hard work polishing was done by doogyrev, i just gave it its final shine. you can do it by hand but i thought i'd experiment with the dremel. worked well so i was happy with it :) i would say if your exhaust is in relly good nick already i'd go over it with 1500 grit and then autosol and then megs polish and it will be seriously good. this one isnt perfect but im happy enough with it. :)

what dremel part did u use for that?

the furry one

the furry one

:lol:

there is none of that wimping out with a dremel for me.... no sir-eee just a tube of Autosol and a bit of elbow grease :lol:

ive got to do this next week on mine and to be completely honest im dreading it!!!

honestly go out and buy

a blowtorch

heatproof mat

a wire brush

a breaker bar

if thats not going to work you want an angle grinder.

also good idea to get some good axle stands

clean then blow toch the nuts first dont try anything else :thumbs:

ive got to do this next week on mine and to be completely honest im dreading it!!!

honestly go out and buy

a blowtorch

heatproof mat

a wire brush

a breaker bar

Result! ive already got all of them apart from the breaker bar, im sure a bit of copper pipe will do the trick for leverage, im going to get a few more cutting blades for the dremel too

honestly go out and buy

a blowtorch

heatproof mat

a wire brush

a breaker bar

Result! ive already got all of them apart from the breaker bar, im sure a bit of copper pipe will do the trick for leverage, im going to get a few more cutting blades for the dremel too

just make sure you dont use your ratchet on it, i know stating the obvious but will save someone a ratchet as it will fold under the pressure. :)

• 2 months later...
I was reading today that there is a new product on the market for this kind of problems, it's basically a spray can that freeze whatever it comes acrros (-25!) so it's makes it easy to do jobs like removing the exshaust etc. Could be dangerous :surrender:

Iv had some of that freeze spray for ages,its great fun,but not that useful i found. Better for scaring the @*!# out of people when you spray it on their finger! lol