Brakes for track..

andlid

Hi lads, after my tracking god stuff today I think I need a new set of at least front calipers and pads... and possibly rotors. Dont fancy changing wheels if I dont have to ... so need to fit 17" :scare: (scary I know)

What do you lads have on offer? Second hand or new whatever suits my wallet best :lol:

Here are the calipers:

SNV35406.JPG

Abbey Motorsports are a reseller / installer. :thumbs:

I've experienced them in Alexs car with 600bhp on track and they are AWESOME! You would need 18s though I guess.

My brembos with Dixcel discs and pads is pretty damn good. If you plan to go FI though they you might aswell get a BBK now. ;)

well as has been mentioned, stoptechs are getting a lot of praise, and are being used successfully by alex on his 600bhp Z

project MU and AP racing big brake kits i can get you, have a look in my section

and theres many more kits out there also

well as has been mentioned, stoptechs are getting a lot of praise, and are being used successfully by alex on his 600bhp Z

project MU and AP racing big brake kits i can get you, have a look in my section

and theres many more kits out there also

Cheers man will keep it in mind :teeth:

Anders....if you want to do things on a budget then why not get some second hand Brembo calipers with decent rotors and pads? :thumbs:

+1 :ninja:

+2.

Anders, people falsely underated the OEM Brembo which is very good for track work with track rated pads and definately uprated fluid, 2 peice rotors(slotted or vented) and steel lines ;) This setup will barely be bettered by the OEM sized full 2piece brake/calliper kits on sale.

The only next performance step from here is a decent BBK which is only better by virtue of size: a larger swept area and greater piston size/numbers hence more braking force and fade resistance.

I for one only found the BBK setup only beneficial for multiple laps(5-6) on the Ring where the difference is huge. But remember a lap is 14 miles :scare:. Before my BBK i could do 2 hot laps easy but at a 3rd, brake fade was obvious but not catastrophic and it came back to you after you went through long high speed sections requiring little or no bracking. So a 4th lap was possible if you showed due diligence :teeth:

Therefore on standard UK lenght tracks the uprated OEM as above should do 5-6 hot laps back to back no probs.

Adam @ Z-1 does a good stage 2 package with stoptech aeromax 2piece rotors, lines Motul RBF 660 fluid, steel lines and Hawk performance pads(You can spec performance friction pads which are the bees knees) All you need is to gets used brembo callipers only ...........................cue: Ian, Alex or R35LEE ;)

Anders....if you want to do things on a budget then why not get some second hand Brembo calipers with decent rotors and pads? :thumbs:

+1 :ninja:

+2.

Anders, people falsely underated the OEM Brembo which is very good for track work with track rated pads and definately uprated fluid, 2 peice rotors(slotted or vented) and steel lines ;) This setup will barely be bettered by the OEM sized full 2piece brake/calliper kits on sale.

The only next performance step from here is a decent BBK which is only better by virtue of size: a larger swept area and greater piston size/numbers hence more braking force and fade resistance.

I for one only found the BBK setup only beneficial for multiple laps(5-6) on the Ring where the difference is huge. But remember a lap is 14 miles :scare:. Before my BBK i could do 2 hot laps easy but at a 3rd, brake fade was obvious but not catastrophic and it came back to you after you went through long high speed sections requiring little or no bracking. So a 4th lap was possible if you showed due diligence :teeth:

Therefore on standard UK lenght tracks the uprated OEM as above should do 5-6 hot laps back to back no probs.

Adam @ Z-1 does a good stage 2 package with stoptech aeromax 2piece rotors, lines Motul RBF 660 fluid, steel lines and Hawk performance pads(You can spec performance friction pads which are the bees knees) All you need is to gets used brembo callipers only ...........................cue: Ian, Alex or R35LEE ;)

Jst dont want to go 'wasting' money on something that might need an upgrade after like 1 sessions... The trackign Idid was 60s laps with pretty lots of cornering so the discs/pads/calipers only got a few straights to 'cool' down... crazy really..

So you're telling me 100% that I wouldn't be able to fry the brembos?