Looks like I'm off for good

Lexx

A nice solid choice there Lexx. B) They go well, but not quite as nibble as the smaller Zeddies. Should keep you entertained. :thumbs:

What are Vauxhall/Holden like that end of the world for warranty work/claims? They're really good this end of the world. Say a gearbox problem, they drop the whole box out and replace. Quite a few friends have had multipule Commodore's or HSV's (this end of the world branding) and have had warranty claims fixed without gripes.

Not sure on their customer services side of things yet.

Ive read a number of reports on the VXR site and PH, and mostly they seem to be pretty good about stuff. Or at least better than NMGB. Which wouldnt take an awful lot really!

I was walking along the other day when one of these went past me at full throttle - amazing sound B)

I gotta say that I do fancy somthing like this :blush: The way I see it, the way petrol prices and carbon emissions taxes are going you're just not going to legally (or economically) drive a car like this in the future! In 20 years time you can tell people "I remember I used to drive a 6L car and got a 12 mpg average....." priceless!!!!

I do admire the comfort these have over the Zed but I'm not so sure about those looks - bit of a trade off!

Love them too Matt, and have looked into them. But they aint gunna make the right hookers anymore.

And Im not paying silly amounts of money for a left hand drive car

Love them too Matt, and have looked into them. But they aint gunna make the right hookers anymore.

And Im not paying silly amounts of money for a left hand drive car

i see your point but strangely i got cheaper insurance quotes on one of those, LHD 6.2l v8 than i am paying insurance for my zed. my zed is an import so is higher insurance than uk models (which i dont understand), but cheaper to insure a camaro? bizarre, if only i could have afforded the 40k for one

Gone down the same route with car choices ended up with the 300c diesel. It's very quick and is ok on handling - yes really but obviously it's no zed! But I you do want something with a daft petrol engine then the cheapest value for money car is the Hemi version of the 300c !! Nobody want them becuase of the huge engine 5.7 now there is the 6.1 I think and poor economy hence they are quite cheap on autotrader my CRD is a lot more expensive to buy. Insurnance and tax and tyres are cheap and well why would you want a medium sized Euro box when you can have a giant for the same money. The SRT hemi version handles too .... What are you waiting for!

Fair enough mate, I have a mate who has a 59 plate VXR8 and he's just blow the stock LS3 motor at 6200miles!! 13K repair covered by warrenty!

Looks and sounds mental though mate. Not much quicker than a modifyed zed in a straght line though? A TT zed will kill the VXR8 but will never have the V8 roar!

Good luck.

Not much quicker than a modifyed zed in a straght line though? A TT zed will kill the VXR8 but will never have the V8 roar!

Good luck.

Yeah, but it wont cost a further £20k on what I am already paying in finance for the Zed.

I'll be back to Jap cars at some point in the future I would imagine.

I just fancy a V8 car for a while and scratch and itch.

Smudge - Shut it. :lol:

Lexx, just seen this topic and I thought "oh no, he is thinking of leaving............again, dont worry it will never happen" ;) but this time you ARE leaving :scare:

I'm happy that you have eventually settled on something you like. I remember you were getting a bit peeved with your car not selling. That car is a beast, and still falls within the Lexx branding (white!)

Can't wait to see it, keep in touch :thumbs: