K1 Exhaust Noise Level in Db

SteveW

Hi,

I've recently booked on a trackday you might have seen my other post.

I've also just bought a K1 and intend to fit it this weekend because my exhaust is blowing.

Now when I booked on the trackday I thought all was good because the place I booked it through said it was 119Db noise limit- however when I received my confirmation today the noise level has been confirmed as 105Db static - 0.5m from vehicle at 45 degrees.

Now my question does anyone have any idea how loud the K1 is with and without the bungs?

Will I be OK with the K1 or should I leave the stock exhaust on until after the trackday?

I intend on ringing the organisers tomorrow to confirm the static test is the only one that will be used, i.e. no drive by levels etc.

However, if anyone was has any drive by noise levels they would be very much appreciated also.

Thank you

Steve

You'll almost definitely be okay if you put the bungs in. I went to Castle Coombe which had 100db and I have high flow cats, y pipe, intake etc and was within the db limit :thumbs:

Not sure about it without but 105db is LOUD

On the other hand, why risk it?

So many track days are at risk now because of the NIMBYs complaining about noise, and it would be beneficial to all to not give them any more ammunition. Bearing in mind you'll make no extra power at all regardless of what exhaust you're running, is it really worth it? I can understand the want to get the K1 on, but there's really no need to rush it.

Without bungs it is bang on the 105dB limit so you'll fail, with bungs you should be fine but do check on the drive-by as with or without bungs you're very likely to fail that.

So many track days are at risk now because of the NIMBYs complaining about noise, and it would be beneficial to all to not give them any more ammunition. Bearing in mind you'll make no extra power at all regardless of what exhaust you're running, is it really worth it? I can understand the want to get the K1 on, but there's really no need to rush it.

Without bungs it is bang on the 105dB limit so you'll fail, with bungs you should be fine but do check on the drive-by as with or without bungs you're very likely to fail that.

I've called the trackday organisers and I've been told that there are no drive by noise tests at Mallory Park apparently there is just the static test if you are considered too loud when driving round. Might take the stock exhaust in the boot just in case

Hi,

I've recently booked on a trackday you might have seen my other post.

I've also just bought a K1 and intend to fit it this weekend because my exhaust is blowing.

Now when I booked on the trackday I thought all was good because the place I booked it through said it was 119Db noise limit- however when I received my confirmation today the noise level has been confirmed as 105Db static - 0.5m from vehicle at 45 degrees.

Now my question does anyone have any idea how loud the K1 is with and without the bungs?

Will I be OK with the K1 or should I leave the stock exhaust on until after the trackday?

I intend on ringing the organisers tomorrow to confirm the static test is the only one that will be used, i.e. no drive by levels etc.

However, if anyone was has any drive by noise levels they would be very much appreciated also.

Thank you

Steve

steve do you know at what rpm and if it's contant rev or rev up to certain rev they do?

Will be fine, AdrianK buddy club setup is a lot louder than the K1 & he measured 99DB at combe :)

Not sure if this chap still has the buddy club + decats... but i can confirm that it wakes up the dead! :scare:

I think hes sold his car now. If you think he wakes the dead, wait until you get a ride in my car :surrender:

Every track day is 3/4 rpm at 45deg from exhaust, so for the Zed it's 4500rpm and held until they get a sensible reading.

Yes thats correct, once I've fitted it I'm hoping to borrow a sound meter from work to see what its at.

I've called the trackday organisers and I've been told that there are no drive by noise tests at Mallory Park apparently there is just the static test if you are considered too loud when driving round. Might take the stock exhaust in the boot just in case

Don't take the stock exhaust in the boot, just take the bungs and a rubber mallet, then you can fit the bungs in 5 mins to quieten it down.

Don't take the stock exhaust in the boot, just take the bungs and a rubber mallet, then you can fit the bungs in 5 mins to quieten it down.

I found the best tool by far was a rolling pin :#1:

I found the best tool by far was a rolling pin :#1:

Oh and for stubborn bungs that don't like removing, I found that a £14.99 Hilka Dentpuller from Screwfix comes in very handy :thumbs:

Oh and for stubborn bungs that don't like removing, I found that a £14.99 Hilka Dentpuller from Screwfix comes in very handy

Thats the problem with stainless steel it galls together hence why its a nightmare to take apart. :bang:

Thanks for the tips though about taking them out and putting them in, I'll definately remember the rubber mallet!

Will be fine, AdrianK buddy club setup is a lot louder than the K1 & he measured 99DB at combe :)

Not sure if this chap still has the buddy club + decats... but i can confirm that it wakes up the dead! :scare:

I think hes sold his car now. If you think he wakes the dead, wait until you get a ride in my car :surrender:

Oh has he? Wonder what he brought.... hmm...

My car is pretty loud too.. 5zigen A-Spec + berk test pipes + spacer = unhappy neighbours

Really want a ride in yours Ian

Guys, if your inserts are too tight just do what I did and grind the lip off of them: They fit in perfectly and easily then. ;)

Cheers for the advice. I will try this sometime :thumbs: I have resorted to leaving the bungs out log ago due to the headaches of pulling them out ;)

Strangly, I got 103Db without bungs and just y-pipe and OEM airbox and MREV2/spacer but 99Db with Berk HFC, y-pipe, MD plenum spacer and AEM intake (But this set up was raspy as hell and seemed louder) :blink: