North Korea gone crazy!

maz0

Anyone see the report on NK torpedoing a SK ship?

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into another america/britain invade/takeover country again, as we done with Iraq.

I'm worried though about the fact NK probably DO have WMD's.

"Investigators said they had discovered part of the torpedo on the sea floor and it carried lettering that matched a North Korean design.

Pyongyang rejected the claim as a "fabrication" and threatened war if sanctions were imposed, say reports."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/10129703.stm

If this goes crazy, does that mean China will help NK, and we will end up fighting them as well?

If China, North Korea, the US and no doubt Britain get involved in conflict, we may as well all pack up and go home, before its not there any more.

Haha, exactly. According to this website, http://www.globalfirepower.com/ we have more power on our side, but I don't quite believe that. Russia would jump in with China and NK as well, seeing as their all old communist buddies. But I wonder what folk in Britain would be saying about Trident if it came to this.

I would doubt that we (and by that I encompass USA, UK and UN) will go all out war on this one, the fact that China would be involved changes things dramatically compared to our 'usual' wars.

The biggest problem over there is that if you rule out miliatry action then there is nothing much can be done as all sanctions imposed on NK will have just as bad an effect on SK and there both in the sh1t at the moment anyway.

AHHHH i think its time for a whisky after reading that post :lol: If that does go down, I am moving to oz :lol:

Great Idea Jay, according to this vid (language is NSFW, imagery is fine tho, just a cartoon).

Its a real shame about this country. South Korea is a great place. I met their president a while back and he was a really nice guy.

North Korea is a constant pain and needs sorting out. Personally I cant see China getting too involved in this.

The fact is America is scared of north Korea and won't do anything about it, at the start of the invasion of Iraq they wanted to sail USA Nimitz past NK to get there quickly but Korea send a message to America telling them if they approach they will dink the Nimitz with nuclear weapons! So the Nimitz steamed full bore the long way- the whole way around the planet to avoid NK. We won't do anything about this, we cannot afford it, we font have the troops for it or the balls to take on a nuclear superpower.

China have too much economic reliability on the west as a customer base to kick off tbh, I can't see it coming tomuch at all, they have been bickering for years over similar things.

Agree'd, China make a fortune off the west, they wouldn't want to upset that. But although SK/NK have been bickering for years, I don't think SK has ever had some solid proof that they can put before the UN in order to have action/sanctions taken. I don't think they can just ignore this...

Anyone see the report on NK torpedoing a SK ship?

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into another america/britain invade/takeover country again, as we done with Iraq.

I'm worried though about the fact NK probably DO have WMD's.

"Investigators said they had discovered part of the torpedo on the sea floor and it carried lettering that matched a North Korean design.

Pyongyang rejected the claim as a "fabrication" and threatened war if sanctions were imposed, say reports."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/10129703.stm

If this goes crazy, does that mean China will help NK, and we will end up fighting them as well?

:snack:

Don't think anything will happen there... next big fiasco will be Iran...

Geoff i think you will find that Bin Laden has no oil fields what so ever but what he does have is a very well organised Taliban. They are well trained and prepared to die for their cause and belief. If we where not in Afgan fighting them then we would be in the uk picking up more innocent people of the streets of London fact.

NK/SK will come of nothing and it is not down to oil its the fact that they cause no threat to anyone else but themselves. Take a look at Africa there has been countries at war with each other for years and nothing has been done WHY? Because they are no threat to the major countries nor do they affect the worlds wealth.