16 members have voted

1. 1. What is the correct name?

• Bacon Roll
    • Bacon Cob
    • Bacon Butty
    • Bacon Bap
    • Bacon Sandwich
    • Bacon Baguette

Bap, brother. Your Poll is lacking! :p I used to ask for 'rolls' but confusion was had by all when I would ask for a 'Sausage Roll' inferring sausages in bread and not pastry. So Baps all the way.

BTW In the forces, if you add an egg, it then becomes a 'banjo'. Useless Trival No. 76.

Bap, brother. Your Poll is lacking! :p I used to ask for 'rolls' but confusion was had by all when I would ask for a 'Sausage Roll' inferring sausages in bread and not pastry. So Baps all the way.

BTW In the forces, if you add an egg, it then becomes a 'banjo'. Useless Trival No. 76.

ahh see thats why i use roll and sausage ;)

To complicate matters even more, up here in Gods country we also have square sausage, locally known as slice, so you have to ask for a roll in slice if you want square sausage, if you ask for a roll in sausage you will get round sausage :wacko:

Pic of said article together with typical breakfast fare :snack:

its all local jargon,

i first came across batchs and cobs in the midlands.

stupid thing is a batch is a group of 6 and a cob is a male swan, so why the food related term i don't know. well actually i do. batches refer to the type of roll that comes in 6's and a cob is a shortening of the word cobble which the original roll looked like.

so the term is not so much to do with where your from or who's right, but which bread you use ;)

Its a cob.

one B,

Cob.

It cant be a Roll, because then when you order a Sausage Roll, you will get a sausage wrapped in pastry, quite difficult to put brown sauce or an egg on.

It cant be a bap, as they have nipples.

Its a cob. :p