Help! Unsure about a Custom Exhaust?

evilscorp

Hi, just been to funkypower in kilmarnock, was quoted £800 for a scorpion true dual exhaust(far too expencive) and they said they could make me a custom true dual exhaust for a great price fitted? this is welded steel straights rather than mandrel bends. what kind of size should I go for 3" pipes? I dont want it mega loud but still 10-20 db louder than the standard jdm exhaust. Also is it best to have the back box's like the HKS system or like the skunk2 ones? Help!!! :scare:

Mine are 2.5 with hfc cats and ssv intake manifold with magnaflow endpipes. It's gone louder since I fitted... breaths enough too so wouldn't bother with 3" if I wasn't on the phone I'd link in to my custom one. A search will find it for you.

A

Mine are 2.5 with hfc cats and ssv intake manifold with magnaflow endpipes. It's gone louder since I fitted... breaths enough too so wouldn't bother with 3" if I wasn't on the phone I'd link in to my custom one. A search will find it for you.

A

10-20 db louder than the standard jdm exhaust

:scare:

I'm assuming that you have no idea just how much louder 20dB over the stock JDM box would actually be? To give you a hint, every 3dB is a DOUBLING of volume, so if the stock 'box was 90dB then 93dB would be twice as loud, and 96dB would be twice as loud as that and so on...! ;)

I'm assuming that you have no idea just how much louder 20dB over the stock JDM box would actually be? To give you a hint, every 3dB is a DOUBLING of volume, so if the stock 'box was 90dB then 93dB would be twice as loud, and 96dB would be twice as loud as that and so on...! ;)

So what does that make my 122DB :surrender:

...fighter jet loud ... :scare:

:lol: That was before the s/c went on, its even louder now :headhurt:

:lol: That was before the s/c went on, its even louder now :headhurt:

pardon?

did someone say something,

all i hear is a ringing sound in my ears.

thats why ian types so much on here. to him the real world has no sound anymore. :lol:

pardon?

thats why ian types so much on here. to him the real world has no sound anymore. :lol:

I need to fit a silencer back into my mid pipe, its took loud even for me :surrender: The back fires are cool though B)

It will still backfire.....you must be running very illegal loud so....watch the men in blue

pardon?

I need to fit a silencer back into my mid pipe, its took loud even for me :surrender: The back fires are cool though B)

Nice one mate :thumbs: I wouldnt let funky power near my car again as I have had a few bad experiences with them. I got a custom true dual as well for slightly cheaper than that off of simons custom exhausts, but I am looking forward to hearing your zed :)

you can kind-of see the x pipe in the pic, going back 2moz as they didnt have the tail pipes I wanted, will take more photos then. As for planet performance(funky powers garage and head quarters,i think) they were A1 to me Andy the fabricator started at 8am and worked straight through till 11pm!!!! to get the work done as I needed the car today. It sound gr8 dont know if i want it to change lol. :shrug:

Is yours a manderal bent system or crush bent jay? I asked for the custom x pipe and jdm look alike tail pipes, for the time and amount of metal used to make the system I'm very happy about the cost of it all, just waiting on another tail pipe as the supplyers sent the wrong ones :rant: but its funny having a set of pee shooters making so much noise lol

Just a short sound clip of my new exhaust, sounds even better when low mid rev range at low speeds, got a lovely burble :band:

Didnt want to rev the nuts off it and the exhaust still needs to bed-in so will take another vid in a week or two.