Quote button

Hello,

Could we get a quote button + - after each post in a thread? so if you wanted to reply to a thread you could do that for all posts you want instead of manual copy

or the lazy option to post more times?

It would work as you quote and then when you hit reply you get all the quoted posts.

A :snack::thumbs:

there is a quote button in the top right corner of each post.

The forum software limits the number of quotes anyway so you do not want to many otherwise you spend ages downloading repeated material

The forum software limits the number of quotes anyway so you do not want to many otherwise you spend ages downloading repeated material

hmm meant that when you hit the quote button instead of getting into the reply it adds it as a + and then when you hit the REPLY button it uses the ammount of quotes you decided to reply to if you know what I mean?

hmm meant that when you hit the quote button instead of getting into the reply it adds it as a + and then when you hit the REPLY button it uses the ammount of quotes you decided to reply to if you know what I mean?

nope :lol:

Nope, i dont know what you mean either?

I figured out that you can quote one person and type, and then scroll up and quote another person, and it appends the new quoted section below what you've already typed... is this what you mean?

I think I get what you mean, you want to quote multiple posts? To get around this, hit Quote on the first post, which brings you into "Post a reply" page. At the bottom of that, you get the thread again, hit quote on the other posts you want to quote and they will pop up in the reply panel :thumbs:

Its a completely different forum software that lets you quote like you suggest, I think Invasion board or something like that, not phpBB that we use.

I think I get what you mean, you want to quote multiple posts? To get around this, hit Quote on the first post, which brings you into "Post a reply" page. At the bottom of that, you get the thread again, hit quote on the other posts you want to quote and they will pop up in the reply panel :thumbs:

Its a completely different forum software that lets you quote like you suggest, I think Invasion board or something like that, not phpBB that we use.

ahaaaa :dance::evil: thanks I'll give that a try now!

I know what you mean pal. Seen it on a number of other forums.

its working! :drunk:

nope :lol:

:evil:

Nope, i dont know what you mean either?

I figured out that you can quote one person and type, and then scroll up and quote another person, and it appends the new quoted section below what you've already typed... is this what you mean?

that works pretty well :bounce:

You learn something new EVERY day! :dance:

I knew that

not :blush:

Hello,

Could we get a quote button + - after each post in a thread? so if you wanted to reply to a thread you could do that for all posts you want instead of manual copy

It would work as you quote and then when you hit reply you get all the quoted posts.

works for me too ....thanks

You learn something new EVERY day! :dance:

I knew that

not :blush:

Hello,

works for me too ....thanks

lol did you get my PM re the alloys?

Andlid PM

Yes I did thanks, I'll reply a little later. I'm looking into all the good info you gave me and will come back with comment. I'm waiting for info from the suppliers at the mo

Cheers

If it helps - I didn't know it did that :blush:

Does that instill you with any confidence that the mobile version of the site will work well? :lol:

have all the faith in the world :wacko::lol:

quoting is something i should do more often - i hate it when people go back and edit their posts afterwards to totally change it after i've replied - you know who you are! :p

can't be me

Happy to help :thumbs:

thanks chris

i never new that either :blush: like you say, learn something new every day.

should make life easier than when i used to open the same page on 5 tabs to copy and paste quotes from different people :blush:

I think you should only be able to go back and edit your post if you do it within a couple of mins if you notice a spelling mistake or something but changing it after someone's replied isn't fair - you should have to ask a mod to do it (they could do with a few more jobs!) :lol:

you should have to ask a mod to do it (they could do with a few more jobs!) :lol:

Thanks :p We can lock a post so you cant edit it again, so you better place nice or the post fairy might be along and update and lock it ;):lol:

you should have to ask a mod to do it (they could do with a few more jobs!) :lol:

Thanks :p We can lock a post so you cant edit it again, so you better place nice or the post fairy might be along and update and lock it ;):lol:

do you know where i'm coming from though? It's not that important usually - I know on the forum i moderate on (absently mostly) we have a trash can section where all the delted stuff can be read but I don't think we can look at stuff prior to editing to see what it said before if someone just goes in and alters the context of it all.