Grrrrrr, I hate Cats, Help!

genghis199

Hi guys, need some ideas to keep the neighbours cat off my zed.

I've never caught it in the act yet, but the pawprints are there! All over the bonnet, windscreen and roof.

One of my other neighbours car has some nasty scratches on the top of the wing, smacks of feline behaviour to us.

Oh, and now its started cr*pping in the flower bed outside the back door as well.

Suggestions please? my favorite atm is simply an air rifle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

air rifle... :yawn:

Why do people always think it's funny to go on about killing cats.

I actually have loads of sensible answers to try out with me having had cats all my life and my auntie having been a cat breeder.

i have cats and if i ever caught a neighbour shooting one of my cats i would cave there head in.

on a more helpful note

apparently Lion wee or dung is good at keeping cats out. they think its a bigger cats territory and stay away.

i think you can also get cat scarers, it makes a noise above human hearing but cats don't like it and stay away.

my grandparents have one, but i can't go out when its on as i can here it :blush: (no one else can)

If someone sprayed my cat with water I'd cave their head in as well. :thumbdown:

Sprinkle a bit of fine black pepper on the car. Doesn't need a lot so you won't notice it, but it will very actively deter said feline.

apparently Lion wee or dung is good at keeping cats out. they think its a bigger cats territory and stay away.

(no one else can)

Are you suggesting you cover the car in Lion crap/pee?? :scare: Nice? That would keep me away also!! :headhurt:

(no one else can)

Are you suggesting you cover the car in Lion crap/pee?? :scare: Nice? That would keep me away also!! :headhurt:

no but if you put it in the surrounding area around the car it should do the trick

some gardeners use it in their gardens to keep cats out. put it in the flowerbeds

i've had cats all my life, had one shot once, he walked around with the pellet in his side till he was poisoned. had one kicked in the head and lost use of one of his eyes once.

that was all done by old men who like bumming pigeons......

moved house now and my cat will not go over to my neighbours place (mechanic - lots of cars kicking around), i think that has something to do with his rotweilers. you could try gettin one of them, or any dog for that matter. cats tend to keep away from dogs.

Thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming. Some people really do have too much time on their hands though lol.

Sorry if ive upset some cat lovers, i really dont think i could bring myself to actually kill one, just feel like it sometimes.

We have a child on the way and have heard cat poop is really bad for kids and pregnant mums, so need to sort this problem asap.

We have tried the "silent roar" and now using "citronella sticks" with little success.

Current favorite is a couple of ultrasonic cat repellers.

We have a child on the way and have heard cat poop is really bad for kids and pregnant mums, so need to sort this problem asap.

i find it best not to eat it, but if you have a liking for a cat nibble, try twiglets instead ;)

on a serious note, if its a cat problem, you might need to do a weekly poop a scoop check and just go round and get rid of the little land mines.

most cats are quite good at digging it in so some of it shouldn't be an issue.

my folks use a tiny water pistol to shoot it in their cats direction (usually when its eyeing up my dads fish)

maybe have a chat with someone at a pet store?

Thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming. Some people really do have too much time on their hands though lol.

Sorry if ive upset some cat lovers, i really dont think i could bring myself to actually kill one, just feel like it sometimes.

We have tried the "silent roar" and now using "citronella sticks" with little success.

Current favorite is a couple of ultrasonic cat repellers.

The advice for pregnant women is simply the same as for any human- avoid handling cat sh*t and wash hands after emptying litter trays or digging over your garden...this is simply because there is a minute risk of contracting toxoplasmosis (I can't be ficked to check the spelling of that!) and this form of parasite is of particular risk to small children / frail & elderly....but many of us carry it already and it really is only risky where the immune sytem is compromised. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Toxoplasmosis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Ultrasonic repellers don't work - they just go roud them and laugh at you...Citrus peel does work but needs to be fresh so you'll be getting your VitC :thumbs:

My cat is indoor so doesn't bug anyone but me!

The cats I had growing up used to roam. My mum used to say to the neighbours to give it a spray with water if it was bugging thwm. Will do no harm to the cat and it'll run away sharpish!

Citrus does work generally.

Poor Pussies, I hope you wouldnt shoot them?! One of my cats was shot my and air riffle and the vet said the safest option was to leave the bullet in.

At least they have good taste choosing a Z to take a nap on.

Most garden centres do cat repellant sprinkles, so you what it says on the tin and sprinkle them about the place you dont want the cats. (prehaps not your car!)

As Ekona mentioned, ground pepper works well. I use this as some moggie is keen on piddling on my wheels.

I have 3 beautifil kitties and i am allergic, Wouldnt be without them though!

Hope it works!