Tax disc holder....attacked my wife!!

MAXlMUS

I need some advice guys,

Whilst driving rather energetically yesterday on the way back from Asda, I cornered a roundabout a little too enthusiastically and my alloy tax disc holder jumped off the windscreen and into my wifes chest area (boobs) leaving a rather nasty mark.

This is an ongoing thing with my demon tax disc holder....has anyone got any sugestions how to keep it firmly attached on the windscreen as it is quite heavy...or should I just buy a normall one?

TIA

Max

Make sure the screen is completely clean (use a bit of washing up liquid if you don't have proper glass cleaner) before you use the rubber sticky pads. Doesn't hurt to whack the heater on for a bit to warm the inside of the screen either.

I track my car and my holder doesn't fall off :p

When i put mine on, I made sure it had as many sticky points of contact as possible, and then Gaffer taped it to the windscreen overnight to make sure it was stuck fast. So far this is the first time I've done it and not had it fall off. :thumbs:

Everytime I replace the tax disc I never bother with trying to undo those tiny screws, just get the hairdryer out warm it up and pull it off and then replace the sticky bits, Bostik Sticki Dots from B&Q :thumbs:

Everytime I replace the tax disc I never bother with trying to undo those tiny screws, just get the hairdryer out warm it up and pull it off and then replace the sticky bits, Bostik Sticki Dots from B&Q :thumbs:

Those are sooooo fiddly, I like the KTA one as it has a little plastic bit to pull the old tax disk out so you never have to budge the holder :thumbs:

now now boys! :nono:

I find the alloy ones a pain with the fiddly screws - i left mine in the last car. You can get screw off ones. As for it flying off - must be user error when fitting it! :lol:

I have a nice black vinyl one with a big silver Z on it that peels off - far easier!