Key Scratch

Rattusmaxim

Hi,

Just went for a quick drive in the Z to get some batteries (coulda walked 5 mins down the road but decided a 1-2 mile drive was in order to get them), after getting back and parked up I noticed the passenger side has a long key mark going half way a long the car!!

Don't know when it was done but some scum bags had a good go at it. :rant::angry::rant::angry:

So really pi**ed off about it at the mo but also wondering what kinda things can be done, are key scratch's the sort of thing that can be easily touched up in a body shop or are they pretty serious to get sorted out depending on size?

Cheers, :byebye:

Really sort to hear this mate - some right little ar$eholes out there!

Really depends how deep the scratch is - I'm guessing if it's a keying, yours will be way too deep to polish out and will probably need to be done professionally. What colour is your Zed? Solid colours are easier to paint match than metallic. Are you able to post up a pic? A good bodyshop should be able to sort it out mate. Good luck. :console:

body shop won't touch up, but will charge you by the amount of panels they'll have to do, so if its just the door, they'll spray the door.

if its the front wing, door and rear wing, they'll probably spray the whole side of the car.

a cheaper option is to look at some of the smart repair companies. they do just the damage and blend it in to the car. its meant to be invicible once done. i've never seen one done, but have heard good things from other people who've used them.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to put a few pics up of the scratch, it doesn't look so bad from the pictures but it's a deep one. No need for the nail test for depth, you can feel this with your fingers, it's sunny in the pictures which made it hard for my phone to pick up too:

P170410_1423.jpg

P170410_1422.jpg

Hard to see it in this one especially, but there is a faint line there:

P170410_1423_01.jpg

Getting my K2 put on as I type this and also got it booked into the body shop in a couple of weeks time, got a good price on spraying the 3 panels, also getting my Spoiler fitted while it's in the body shop!

Can't wait for it all to get fixed, then I can finally start saving for the new wheels :lol:

Mate, totally gutted for you. I had my bonnet done and its so bloody annoying and just impossible to get them out. I'm afrad thats a three panel spray job.

Bite the bullet and get it done when you can afford it.

You have a nice motor there so it will look as good as new once its done.

You could go through the insurance but it will cost you a claim and if your excess is big might not be worth it.

I feel your pain, hope you get over it soon....

Regards

Dave :thumbs:

Sorry to see your lovely sunset vandalised. Really not nice.

You could go through the insurance but it will cost you a claim and if your excess is big might not be worth it.

Do you have malicious damage aspect to insurance there?? So if you make a claim when someone has maliciously damaged a vehicle your excess doubles??

Like i have said before the scumbags that do this type of thing should be executed without remorse. To me this is one of the worst types of spiteful acts :dry: TBH i hope i never catch anyone doing this to my car otherwise i will be doing time i an sure. :headhurt:

• 4 weeks later...

Was meant to get my GT4 wheels put on Saturday as well but the place I'm getting the new tyres from didn't get them in, in time, next weekend instead now, be a nice finishing touch.

EDIT: Not really the section but the wheels are on now :teeth:

P220510_1217.jpg