Stop the bitch fest!!!!!!!!!!

Forum rules

These rules should be followed by buyers and sellers to ensure a smooth transaction. http://www.350z-uk.com cannot take responsibility for any transactions however the Team will offer support and moderating in the event of a dispute.

First of all to post an item for sale in this section you must have a minimum of 15 quality posts on the forum. Spamming to raise your post count will not be tolerated. If you qualify then there are a few rules that have been laid out by the http://www.350z-uk.com Team to follow.

* A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert

* An asking price (and postage costs if applicable) should be included in the first post

* Once an offer has been accepted the seller should update the post

* All transactions should be completed swiftly and any delays should be agreed prior to completing

* The seller has the right to withdraw or refuse sale before the transaction is complete

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the for sale advert being removed.

Above all, we expect any sales to be carried out in the manner that you would wish to be dealt with. Please bear this in mind during any transactions.

I really used to like this forum but of recent it's turned in to a total bitchathon especially in the for sale section, with these new rules and I want the love back :teeth: .

I myself hadn't noticed the new rules on putting your username on your item for sale, and only sussed it through the bitching of others for sale posts and some is really uncalled for.

Can a mass e-mail be sent to users to notify them of the new rules or perhaps another way?

Sadly people sometimes don't genuinly see whats in front of their face. I'd say the majority of forum users when they first registered would have read all of the rules and now just get on with it rather than looking out for updates that simply aren't that blatent. Even bold text or coloured writing would help.

Comon mods sort it out, We don't want a cracking forum turning into the Skyline OC which is one big bitchfest to say the least.

To be fair a copy of what you quoted appears on every post in this forum, it's only to stop people getting ripped off and stops arguments in the long run, not causes them.

It's not over the top to ask people who want to use a place like this as a free ad site to adhere to a few well thought out rules is it?

This is a fantastic site I've been helped loads and helped a few others too with my limited knowledge, can't see how this is such a big problem to some, maybe I missed something?

I have to agree - Ive seen these posts and had no idea at all what they are referring to.

Ive also got to be honest and say that as an active staff member on two other webboards, I think you are opening a whole can of worms thats just going to be grief in the long run. Weve tried everything from seller ratings to references and it still doesnt work 100% of the time.

Let the buyers and sellers use common sense and sort themselves out I say :)

To be fair a copy of what you quoted appears on every post in this forum, it's only to stop people getting ripped off and stops arguments in the long run, not causes them.

It's not over the top to ask people who want to use a place like this as a free ad site to adhere to a few well thought out rules is it?

This is a fantastic site I've been helped loads and helped a few others too with my limited knowledge, can't see how this is such a big problem to some, maybe I missed something?

It's not a problem at all and infact a really good idea! ;)

I agree that if your selling something, the potential buyer needs re-assuring you have the said goods.

It's the people that miss the rule and then get ripped to shreds for a simple mistake that they've just missed - thats the problem.

So it's a matter of publicising the notice better!!

It has been sorted and will be sorted in the future. Starting a post bitching about the bitching is hardly likely to end the bitching.

My apologies but Someone had to say something! What have you decided to do?

by the way do you realise you said bitching 3 times in that sentence :D

TBH if a member cant be bothered to read the rules and post it properly, after all the warnings recently, I dont see why we should go around chasing them up. As Mart says wer are on the case and will have some new procedures in place soon to stop guys that are out to make a quick buck. For those that are genuine members, we generally do bend the rules a bit ;)

I tried to sell some alloys on another car site ages ago and didn't read the rules, my post was deleted with a polite note from a Mod to read the rules and post a correct picture, I didn't bitch or moan I just did it right the next time. Unfortunately a few bad apples have meant a crackdown that's all.

TBH if a member cant be bothered to read the rules and post it properly, after all the warnings recently, I dont see why we should go around chasing them up. As Mart says wer are on the case and will have some new procedures in place soon to stop guys that are out to make a quick buck. For those that are genuine members, we generally do bend the rules a bit ;)

I run a forum myself and get totally peed off with users just coming on to sell things, so totally understand the problems.

It has been sorted and will be sorted in the future. Starting a post bitching about the bitching is hardly likely to end the bitching.

That post is bitchin'! :lol:

I have to say I agree with the OP on this one. I too think it's easy to miss the rules located where they are as after a while you're that used to "stuff" being at the top of the page you just ignore it and scroll down to the threads.

I recently sold something on here and totally missed the rules even though I checked for them first. :blush: I spotted this this sticky....

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19660

..which is titled "Please read this first before posting here..." and thought that was all I needed to know as that's how most forums do it. That sticky either needs to be deleted or have the rules pasted into it IMO (I vote for the latter).

The other thing I don't agree with is the sacred view of "dibs". Talk is cheap and as far as I'm concerned the first person to PM me and arrange payment gets the item. I've been messed around in the past by people calling dibs on an item and then changing their mind so it's not for me (that wasn't on this forum I might add). I just don't think the forum should be dictating who I sell my property to.

Given this seems to be a sensitive issue I'd just like to say all the above is meant constructively. I'm not trying to have a go and I generally think the mods do a great job of protecting members without being too heavy handed. :thumbs:

That post is bitchin'! :lol:

I have to say I agree with the OP on this one. I too think it's easy to miss the rules located where they are as after a while you're that used to "stuff" being at the top of the page you just ignore it and scroll down to the threads.

I recently sold something on here and totally missed the rules even though I checked for them first. :blush: I spotted this this sticky....

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19660

..which is titled "Please read this first before posting here..." and thought that was all I needed to know as that's how most forums do it. That sticky either needs to be deleted or have the rules pasted into it IMO (I vote for the latter).

The other thing I don't agree with is the sacred view of "dibs". Talk is cheap and as far as I'm concerned the first person to PM me and arrange payment gets the item. I've been messed around in the past by people calling dibs on an item and then changing their mind so it's not for me (that wasn't on this forum I might add). I just don't think the forum should be dictating who I sell my property to.

Given this seems to be a sensitive issue I'd just like to say all the above is meant constructively. I'm not trying to have a go and I generally think the mods do a great job of protecting members without being too heavy handed. :thumbs:

The 'dibs' rule is non existent and has already been covered in the other thread discussing the rules.

This thread complaining about bitchiness seems to be quite pointless, unless I should be taking it in an ironic way?

How the hell you can miss THE VERY FIRST THREAD RIGHT AT THE TOP OF EVERY BLOODY FOR SALE FORUM is beyond me. There really is no excuse for it, and all this "Oh, but I'm so used to ignoring all that" holds no sway with me: We're all adults here, not children needing to be bloody spoon fed every last little bit of information.

Mods, you have my sympathies over this issue.

How the hell you can miss THE VERY FIRST THREAD RIGHT AT THE TOP OF EVERY BLOODY FOR SALE FORUM is beyond me. There really is no excuse for it, and all this "Oh, but I'm so used to ignoring all that" holds no sway with me: We're all adults here, not children needing to be bloody spoon fed every last little bit of information.

Now, now, there's no need for tantrums. :lol:

The fact is people ARE missing it. Frequently. Despite their best intentions. So why not try to make things better? It'll be far less work in the long run.

I disagree with you there Dan...

I can safely say i have never read those rules, on this or any other site. The only reason i know what to do is because i live on here and saw the announcements for it... i sympathise with the OP or maybe people that dont come on here as often may not have known the rules have changed. Its always the same information on every site... (generally speaking).

I personally dont mind non-zed related stuff popping up, but dont like 'new' members selling things. I dont even trust new traders, let alone new members until i have seen what kind of person they are from other posts they make.

The rules are a good thing, but to be enforced religiously is wrong... I dont think everything needs a picture of it to be sold, and putting your name in the picture is a hassle (ok, im lazy). I think above all else, common sense is the key. :thumbs:

Forum rules

These rules should be followed by buyers and sellers to ensure a smooth transaction. http://www.350z-uk.com cannot take responsibility for any transactions however the Team will offer support and moderating in the event of a dispute.

First of all to post an item for sale in this section you must have a minimum of 15 quality posts on the forum. Spamming to raise your post count will not be tolerated. If you qualify then there are a few rules that have been laid out by the http://www.350z-uk.com Team to follow.

* A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert

* An asking price (and postage costs if applicable) should be included in the first post

* Once an offer has been accepted the seller should update the post

* All transactions should be completed swiftly and any delays should be agreed prior to completing

* The seller has the right to withdraw or refuse sale before the transaction is complete

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the for sale advert being removed.

Above all, we expect any sales to be carried out in the manner that you would wish to be dealt with. Please bear this in mind during any transactions.

I really used to like this forum but of recent it's turned in to a total bitchathon especially in the for sale section, with these new rules and I want the love back :teeth: .

I myself hadn't noticed the new rules on putting your username on your item for sale, and only sussed it through the bitching of others for sale posts and some is really uncalled for.

Can a mass e-mail be sent to users to notify them of the new rules or perhaps another way?

Sadly people sometimes don't genuinly see whats in front of their face. I'd say the majority of forum users when they first registered would have read all of the rules and now just get on with it rather than looking out for updates that simply aren't that blatent. Even bold text or coloured writing would help.

Comon mods sort it out, We don't want a cracking forum turning into the Skyline OC which is one big bitchfest to say the least.

Are you talking about the Skyline Owners Club or the Skyline Owners Forum?(Having been a member from the start) Cant say ive noticed to much Bitching on the SOC . http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/forums/

What a marvellous thread - provoking another argument. Well done. :clap::dry:

:lol:

Theres 2 main problem groups when it comes from sales. First are those trying to make a quick buck, they dont read the rules and just post, and this we dont want. The second are proper members that just forget to read the rules, who in the past, we turned a blind eye to as we knew they were decent people. The problem now is that its such a big issue we are discussing it more than the cars! So everyone will have to obey the rules now and the new process TBC soon. Its a case of minority spoiling it for the majority I'm afraid :thumbdown:

What a marvellous thread - provoking another argument. Well done.

That wasn't the idea at all - i hoped it would highlight the problem and create a solution. I guess it depends on how you interpret it, and for some it would be to see the worst in it without thinking, which is why we have the problem in the first place.

I prefer the word debait more than argument ;)

We are looking at the possibility of having for sale threads put in an "aproval queue" meaning that a member of the team will approve every for sale add. This may add a minimal delay to the posting but should ensure that all rules are followed and there are also no bitching posts/threads.

We are looking at the possibility of having for sale threads put in an "aproval queue" meaning that a member of the team will approve every for sale add. This may add a minimal delay to the posting but should ensure that all rules are followed and there are also no bitching posts/threads.

Excellent news :thumbs:

Excellent news :thumbs:

+1, sorry though that it had to be a burden for the mods