Folding key fob?

Zugara

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be another way to go around this, which i have done before, if anyone has upgraded there alarm to Clifford or Toad etc and use the Alarm buttons to open and close the door, what i did was glue the transponder to the ignition barrel which permantly knocks out the standard imobilisor (which i didn't need as the alarm has one built in) another reason i had to do this was for the remote start as well.

Food for thought.

Well the main problem of using a folding key is that of the buttons and the chip, so by using a clifford alarm you can eliminate the need for those buttons, all cliffords aren't expensive either, i got my concept 650 with remote start and total closure for £450

• 1 month later...

if i was to look into this and have a mould made up the initioal investment would be high; let me find out what kind of costs i'll be looking at and i'll see if i can find somewhere to manufacture a custom made Nissan 350z Flip key.

if people want to upload some images of keys that they like (sounds very sad doesn't it) it will give me an idea of what to work towards.

i'll also need a key off someone, be it a dead key or a spare as i'll have to send it off as part of the moulding process.

don't know what poeple think, was their a list somewhere of interested parties? give me an idea of numbers?

Me too. I like the VW ones.

i retract my earlier comment about sending me picture ideas, i've been researching and its going to be cheaper to do if i modify and exsisting fob.

will post up a new thread when i have details. i think the initial investment to do this is going be big. so not sure what the costs are going to be

• 1 month later...

i priced this up and its just uneconomical to do; the end cost of the keys would just be stupid, there just isn't enough zeds and zed owners to bother trying.

who ever did it would end out of pocket if they go down the OEM flip key style route.