Good and Bad news.....

AmyZed

I had my Max Power feature yesterday with the 350z Project ive won... due to be handed over to me sunday at Santa Pod.

At xmas i bought a seibon 350z bonnet from Amber.. gave them this bonnet- they got a garage to fit it...

saw the car yesterday and my bonnets cracked .... all round the aero flush plus locking pins- and a huge crack all along front of bonnet ......... ruined.

I have said i feel they should replace this!!! am i right here?!

i gave them my bonnet in perfect condition, and myself and the garage checked it when we unwrapped it.

so who should replace it max power or xquisite ?! i think the garage ... Max didnt damage it, tehy just picked it up and hadnt noticed (apparently)

am so annoyed .....

on the plus side....

the cars really nice and really enjoyed driving it for a short while yesterday :)

Did the garage warn you before fitting the pins about cracking it?

Every place I've tried around here to fit my aeroctach pins to my bonnet have refused to do it incase the bonnet gets damaged :(

Is this a replica? Should a Seibon bonnet crack that easily :scare: Maybe it's the poor fitment..some garage pretends to know a lot about the car but the fact of the matter is a lot of them don't. Do some research on here and find out where everyone else in your area takes their Zed to.

Oh Amy, thats gutting! Cant believe you've waited all that time and its still not right, and on the smallest of last things to do! And they didnt even tell you!

I think definately the garage should pick up the tab for it as they messed it up - new bonnet and latches and somewhere else to install them. One things for sure, no one on here will be going anywhere near them for work :bang:

Did the garage warn you before fitting the pins about cracking it?

Every place I've tried around here to fit my aeroctach pins to my bonnet have refused to do it incase the bonnet gets damaged :(

Thats true. I remember talk of others stuggling to find somewhere to fit them, and having to dremel it themselves :headhurt:

If you gave it to Max Power then they have a duty of care to you to make sure it's sorted. In this case, they would then have to chase the garage to sort it out but as you had no direct contact with the garage over the fitting of the bonnet (or at least that's what I'm gathering from your post) then you can't really chase the garage for it. Their contract for the work is with MP, not you.

The garage should picked up the tab for screwing things up :angry: Hope you get it sorted Amy. I had to put up with a lot of crap when i was trying to restore my Cat C damaged Zed. 3 months down the line I am almost there thanks to R35LEE. I wish someone in Nottinghamshire with 350Z could tell me where the good garages are..have yet to come across any.

Personaly, after the hassle you've had with this bunch of cowboys, I would be happy about the fact your actually getting the car now for real, take it off them on Sunday and be done with it. Chances of you getting money off any of them (from what you've described them in the past) will be none, and more phone calls/emails on deaf ears and more time wasting.

Take the car, take the hit, and enjoy it.

glad you enjoyed it, sorry to hear about the damage.

look forward to seeing the pics,

i'm guessing as soon as its unveiled on sunday, the pics will be up on the forum :lol:

if you want to stretch the cars legs we have the wales run in may

Sorry to hear that amy if I was you id be chasing max power who should sort it with the garage! You should use the garage I do bounty its near mansfield at clowne do great work for a good price, its where all my works carried out and think most people would agree they do a good job with mine!

I'd be absolutely fuming at the bonnet damage - expecially since you bought that yourself!

If they do not repair it or pay to have it repaired straight way than, on sheer principle alone, I'd accept the car and drive it through the windown of there office. What a set of barstewards! There would be no way in hell that I would attend a single show with them.

i am well upset! was half way through the photoshoot all smiley etc... then i go round to fully inspect my nice bonnet i bought her...and bang! i see the cracks!!!!!! ruined the day- they were then saying head up- smile etc... it was hard !!! the editor has said maybe they and the garage will go halves on new bonnet... thats fine, and i pray they do, but max shouldnt have to pay a penny, not their fault! i feel sorry for the editor bigtime!!! i feel like they think im so ungrateful, won the car and all ive done is moan ...but i do think anyone would have!

i have some awesome pics which ill post up after sunday :) she is lovely!!! apart from my wrecked bonnet..i know the garage will blame the bonnet somehow "it didnt fit" etc........... i dont think ill take that!!!

i know its a free car, but i worked hard to win..... then they made me wait nearly a year, and now this..... so although free car, its been a nightmare and as i did buy that bonnet myself i feel they really should get me a new one!?!

as i did buy that bonnet myself i feel they really should get me a new one!?!

Blimey, you must have been gutted when you spotted the damage. FWIW, I would let the garage and Max Power sort out between them who is going to pay for the damage, take the money and the car and then get it sorted yourself... at this stage I wouldn't have much faith in them buying a bonnet and fitting it, and I certainly wouldn't expect them to get it done soon so you're probably better off doing it yourself.

Good luck getting it sorted, and enjoy the car when you finally get it :yahoo: