Newb 2003 350z GT

Hi everyone,well took the plunge a week ago and changed from a BMW 3 series to a 350z, not sure yet if I have done the right thing. The handbrake is as bad as was on the e46 (same crap system I believe) and as the weather has been cold so the Bose is skipping :headhurt: and noticed a clicking sound :scare: from the rear of the car as the wife was driving off on her way to work.Its a 53 plate Silver GT with Rays and 44000mls on the clock with a FSH.As far as i can see its standard under the hood and has been well looked after but the clicking sound is worrying but 2 days before i purchased it it was given a new MOT.Can anyone shed some light if this clicking is terminal or is it more of an annoyance to the ears than anything else.

Ta

Lee

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Both are very common issues, use the search function. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys :thumbs: .Listening to Radio 1 for 5 mins while i beat the c*~p out of the left knee pad on the passenger side to get the left speaker working I can live with for the minute but the clicking is a bit worrying.I have read a few threads about turning the shafts around and re-greasing or the kit that one of the members had got hold of was good but I was wondering if it was a potential MOT failure or if the clicking doesnt drive me mental first can it be left alone.

Ta

Lee

:welcome:

Porsche fan by any chance?

Yep but the only one I would want over the Z is the 3.6 turbo from the Badboys film,a classic car which has stronger lines than any of the new models.

I bought the Z mainly for my other half as its her favourite car of all time and until I win the lottery and get a 3.6 turbo 911 I will use my kawasaki ZR1100 when she is using the Z .Got to be fair though the Z comes a close second to the 3.6 for looks, and to be fair the performance is awesome for a NA car.

Welcome to the club :thumbs:

Sounds like you have a Zed that has a couple of the known warranty issues raising their head. The left channel cutting out and skipping is a known fault. Look out for replacements that come up on here or take a look at the repair discount we have with Clarion (they actually make the BOSE). The clicking rear axle can also be fixed relatively easily, can be done as part of the next service. :)