New guy bought a 350z...NOW CAN DRIVE! :D

edit-

birthday finally came! and got insured at midnight!!! :D

ive been driving 2 days straight...and as it is a 2 seater, 1 friend at a time! lol

took a few pics with the kit fitted...nothing too exciting, but think it gives it a little edge and a little bit better than the standard

see the photos here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34393

----------

just want to say hi to everyone as im new to the club :wave:

basically, i bought my car on february 14th (valentines day - took us 10 hours)

i cant get insured on the 350 till my birthday....quotes right now are £3000-£6000 :bang:

i turn 21 on 27th march...15 days and 41 minutes to go (yes i am counting!!) :drive1

this should drop to £1200, so big difference

ive been driving a 206 (ended up selling this for £120 lol), even taking the train to work and now im driving my mums puma!

and the funny thing is, the 350 is sitting outside my house tempting me everyday!!!!

also ordered and received my lip kit today!

i dont think i can hold any longer lol... :headhurt:

anyone been in the same boat? lol

:welcome: to the forum

ouch not good situation!

Why not get insured for a week should cost peanuts then you can use it for a bit at least? Just an idea?

ive looked into it

i cant get temp insurance because of my age...especially on a 350 aswell!!

im trapped for another 15 days :(

Hi,

Hope it's insured outside your house, in fact how do you manage to get insurance when it's not garaged? also what have you been up to, £3000 ?when my son had his at 20 his insurance was only £1000 have you been a bad boy.

Mark

+1

Very dangerous having it on the drive uninsured and how did you get it home???

its got temp insurance for a month under my mum

the way i got it back was previous owner still had insurance and my girlfriend has policy to drive any car

ive checked admiral and cheapest is £2000 with them

20 years, 2 years ncb, 2 years driving - is that bad??? :(

the way i got it back was previous owner still had insurance and my girlfriend has policy to drive any car

One thing we've all discovered here is that it's very much location, location, location.

If you live in the ghetto you pay muchos bucks for insurance. If you live in pleasantville it's pretty cheap!

Don't mean to sound patronising, of course I don't know you driving experience, but at your age please be VERY careful with the Z.

Car insurance is expensive for people your age in these cars for a very good reason; to put off the inexperienced from driving them. They are right up there with Porsche and the like, and are alot different from a 206. Driving one home and getting it to the red line on a country road is a different matter. They can be very hairy when you wind them up properly.

I don't want you binning it or worse. Stay cool with it and stay safe :thumbs: I don't want to hear any bad stories here.

Bradders.

yeah i know my age makes a big difference, thats why waiting 2 more weeks knocks a massive chunk off! :D

i know im young, but i drive safe, after waiting this long, i dont want to see the car taken away from me!

thanks for your support :)

mate to be honist i wouldnt say that is bad , end of the day at our age buying a high performance car you cant expect cheap insurance , our day will come for the 300 a year quotes lol but untill then im happy to pay thro the nose to have a zed rather than a 106 gti :lol:

Don't mean to sound patronising, of course I don't know you driving experience, but at your age please be VERY careful with the Z.

Car insurance is expensive for people your age in these cars for a very good reason; to put off the inexperienced from driving them. They are right up there with Porsche and the like, and are alot different from a 206. Driving one home and getting it to the red line on a country road is a different matter. They can be very hairy when you wind them up properly.

I don't want you binning it or worse. Stay cool with it and stay safe :thumbs: I don't want to hear any bad stories here.

Bradders.

+1

It is a blessing that by the time you get it it will be drier and you will have all the time to get used to the car from then up to next winter ;)

Sametime next year you will have 3yrs Ncb and 1yr zed :drive1 experience with a big :teeth: on your face!

Just keep polishing for now :lol::lol: and make sure you come to the famous Wales meet ;)