number plate mounts for sale.

nrenz123

Now that the other number plate bracket group buy has finished (i didnt want to step on anyones toes) i am going to put out a feeler to see wether there would be any interest in the bracket i've made to mount the number plate on my V2 bumper.

Basically the bracket consists of a stainless steel bar that screws into the towing eye thread, onto which an aluminium plate is then bolted on to. The number plate is then fixed using double sided tape. There will be a slight gap where the number plate goes over the bolt which attaches the bracket to the bar but it is hardly noticable.

I've had mine fitted for over a month now and i've had no issues with the plate coming loose so i've decided to see if anyone else would like one.

I'm going to offer them for £25 Delivered, which is a cheap way of mounting the plate to the car.

Currently i can do them for the uk style plates but if anyone would like one in a custom size or JDM im sure that can be arranged.

DSCF0935.jpg

DSCF0968.jpg

I should add that i am making these as a DIY project, so the plates wont be polished or anything, but they arent visable and do the job! :thumbs:

1. Stew

2. Clarkie34 - Paid & Posted.

3. Maz0

Stew, i can make the mounting bar any length so people can get to plate to sit exactly where they want. the best way i can think of is to screw in your towing eye and using the tape measure give me the length at which you would like the end of the bar to be.

plate.jpg

Basically i need the length as shown in the picture, that will make sure it sits exactly where you want it.

P.S. Who needs cad or photoshop!

Yeah, i have two bars one in 16mm and the other 22mm.

As stated i can make them to any length so that they sit exactly as you want them :)

For the moment im just seeing if there is enough interest to warrant making them in numbers :thumbs:

Nath.

What year is your car mate? if you could measure the thread on your towing eye and let me know wether its 16 or 22mm that would be great :thumbs:

I have to make a few this week ao they should be ready by the end of the week.

• 2 weeks later...
They're not always there. Not sure why they are even there on some, but when I removed my numberplate holder there were two holes a couple of inches apart which were maybe an inch or two in diameter. :wacko:

Hmmmmm, very dirty and very big :wacko:

Defo weren't there on my zed........... guess you'll have to whip your plate bracket off and check for sure unabashed.... :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...