How does someone become a moderator?

dcash5

oh and not able to start threads... and need to follow strich admin guidelines.

we'd all miss his amazing wit and swift repartee :lol:

sarcasm :dry:

and i dont do hill walking while im in coventry :thumbdown: i do it when im back home but here there is the slip roads that go up hill and thats about it. down here its rock climbing

:dummy:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and not able to start threads... and need to follow strich admin guidelines.

we'd all miss his amazing wit and swift repartee :lol:

sarcasm :dry:

I was serious not trying to be sarcastic :thumbs:

:lol: oh i dont see myself as having wit and swift repartee im afraid :lol:

jees louise, you guys have even spammed a thread about moderating, as if you were flicking the v's at the french at agincourt :lol:

andlid i think you are swiftly becoming are faster spammer going. your hiding in husky's shadow, but i think you might actually be worse :lol:

jees louise, you guys have even spammed a thread about moderating, as if you were flicking the v's at the french at agincourt :lol:

andlid i think you are swiftly becoming are faster spammer going. your hiding in husky's shadow, but i think you might actually be worse :lol:

biscuit you stirring nobber :lol:

:headhurt:

:scare:

:surrender: going to stay in the chat and be quiet...

For what it's worth, on other forums I moderate on. The way we work it, is similar to here, if we feel that someone is dedicated enough to the cause and the "team" feels that someone would make a valuable & worthy addition to the team we will ask them. It seems to work well, and from the aspect of harmony within the team also.

Anyway keep on keeping on guys, you do a good job on a fairly busy forum. :thumbs::#1:

Do you think that Admins/Mods should be voted for?

Is that a general question (in which case my personal answer is no, they generally know what they are doing and do it very well) or aimed at Vik54 (in which case I'll let her answer)?

agreed, mods know how the forum is running and voting a candidate on would only lead to possibly getting someone who is popular on the forum, but maybe not mature enough with the responsibility.

its not easy remaining impartial and i have often noticed the mods stepping back and not being personal in a situation.

Thanks Rich, glad someone apprciates the rock and hard place we are put between sometimes. We have seen a lot of mod potential, but its consistency and impartiality that can rule candidates out - and stepping back when needed - and we have to feel we as a team will all get on. Someone may show brilliant potential but then do something off hand which then rules them out, and I for one think we have quite a lot of female mod potential, but most arent around on the forum enough, although they are on more and more each day - so things may change. We're all human and just trying to do the best for the forum and we cant make everyone happy, especially with the growing demographic trying to cater for an ever more diverse community.

For what it's worth, on other forums I moderate on. The way we work it, is similar to here, if we feel that someone is dedicated enough to the cause and the "team" feels that someone would make a valuable & worthy addition to the team we will ask them. It seems to work well, and from the aspect of harmony within the team also.

Anyway keep on keeping on guys, you do a good job on a fairly busy forum. :thumbs::#1:

Spot on Immy. :thumbs:

If anyone would like to discuss it in more detail, please feel free to PM the mods. Contrary to popular belief we dont live on the forums and read every single thread, we cant, although I am sat here at 6:40am typing a reply as I get ready for work as I feel it deserves to be answered :bangin:

I think the fact that a post about selecting a moderator has been spammed to hell pretty much proves the point that standing on a chair shouting "me, me ,me " isnt the way forward.

This once again proves the case that its getting difficult to moderate threads as they go way off topic. Enough guys, this is becoming a real pain.

If you want to chat, use the chat room. :dry:

I think the fact that a post about selecting a moderator has been spammed to hell pretty much proves the point that standing on a chair shouting "me, me ,me " isnt the way forward.

This once again proves the case that its getting difficult to moderate threads as they go way off topic. Enough guys, this is becoming a real pain.

If you want to chat, use the chat room. :dry:

sorry my bad. :bangin: