BulletMagnets ghettotastic iPod Mod for the Bose

BulletMagnet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you willing to make a bit of money through this? :dance:

Nope, but I could do it for free, as long as you already have a cassette adapter (Belkin one has the smaller iPod style plug), a car charger and an extention lead.

It's a 30 min job at the most and I'd prolly be able to come to Lowestoft to help, provided you can pay in cups of tea

i ask for payment in vodka when i do stuff, im going to start specifying brand next :teeth:

I've yet to find a tape adaptor that sounds anywhere near as good as an FM transmitter due to the use of magnetic heads to transfer the music. They all sound like something you'd hear in an 80's Cavalier, and not in a good way if such a thing exists. That said, even the FM transmitters are rubbish as they don't have anywhere near the strength of the professional ones and as such suffer from greatly reduced signal quality.

Very nice and novel way of keeping things tidy matey, but I can't see the tape adaptor giving anything close to decent quality. Acceptable maybe, but not what you'd expect to hear in a £30K car made after 1990.

I've yet to find a tape adaptor that sounds anywhere near as good as an FM transmitter due to the use of magnetic heads to transfer the music. They all sound like something you'd hear in an 80's Cavalier, and not in a good way if such a thing exists. That said, even the FM transmitters are rubbish as they don't have anywhere near the strength of the professional ones and as such suffer from greatly reduced signal quality.

Very nice and novel way of keeping things tidy matey, but I can't see the tape adaptor giving anything close to decent quality. Acceptable maybe, but not what you'd expect to hear in a £30K car made after 1990.

Typical response from Dan - but I kinda expect it from him :lol::lol::lol:

To be perfectly honest, this does really work for me.

May I also remind people that I run a K1 without bungs....

But in the end, a car will always have somesort of roadnoise and especially us Zed owners, due to the fact that our boot area kinda blends with the rest of the cabin.

It's called a "ghetto mod" for a reason. I'm not an audiophile that demands perfection, just an average joe that doesn't want to spend £500+ on a new headunit and harnesses.......well not yet anyways :lol:

To be perfectly honest, this does really work for me.

May I also remind people that I run a K1 without bungs....

But in the end, a car will always have somesort of roadnoise and especially us Zed owners, due to the fact that our boot area kinda blends with the rest of the cabin.

It's called a "ghetto mod" for a reason. I'm not an audiophile that demands perfection, just an average joe that doesn't want to spend £500+ on a new headunit and harnesses.......well not yet anyways :lol:

+1 - what he said! - I agree 100% :D

I used to run a K1 without bungs too ya know ;)

@SunGodRA: Heaven forbid I should have an opinion that differs with yours. Like I said, I'm not knocking the work BM did at all as he's done a far tidier install of his setup than I have of mine, and 10/10 for giving it a go. My personal gripe (and it is just a personal view) is that if you're spending £100 on generic fruit-based music player, and then more money on either high quality downloads or music ripped from CD in high quality, it makes sense to have it sounding at least at good as a normal radio station puts out. I'm still running the stock Bose speakers and sub in mine so I can hardly be accused of pimping my ride with awesome sound, but there is a hugely noticeable difference between a tape adaptor and a headunit designed for mp3. The difference is comparable to old mono recordings and modern stereo, and that's just to my ears which I can assure you are not of a proper audiophile.

As long as BM is happy then really that's all that matters. All I'm trying to do is point out the differences in case any one else wants to try this but ends up disappointed with the result, much like I was. Is that acceptable to you?

thats a Top mod B) - well spotted mate - there is 1 teeny weeny thing I would suggest though - did you put some extra insulation tape around the cable where it feeds through the bottom of the HU - dont want it chaffing and shorting out again the metal frame - just to be safe :thumbs: