hit a curb, dam it

scottsoulby

its like why do they ask you if youv had a claim within the last few years or so if your still on PNCB?!

Then you say yes but iv still got PNCB so what does it matter and there reply well we still have to put it through as a claim, its like well no you dont as thats the reason i protected them in the first place and as long as i dont claim more than twice in the year it shouldnt matter to my following years no claims discount, but i bet it does :angry:

Exactly the same question I was thinking mate, I'm sure they will screw you over somehow

Almost 100% certain it will affect your premium next year. Same theory as if you crash another car insured under another policy. It is still an accident that has to go down in your accident history and as such your premium will still be affected. I had an accident while driving a car I was insured on as a second driver (while I was learning) My first premium ended up being £1600 on a Peugeot 106 1.1 because of this.

The advantage of protecting your NCB isn't that it won't go up at all, but bear in mind to protect them you need at least 4 years (I believe) and if the insurance companies are to be believed that will be equal to a 40% reduction in your price. So your premium may go up, but you'll still have a 50% discount the following year (4 years NCB carried forward plus your added year) If you lost the NCB too your premium would no doubt go up a lot more

AS someone who came within an inch of doing the same yesterday I really do empathise. I was going at 5mph (really!) in a straight line with no acceleration or deceleration or braking and the back end still went out as the road had a camber. One right angle skid later and *just* missed the curb. Nearly died of slow-motion horror.

Sorry to see you have bent your lovely Azure, but at least it won't cost you to have it sorted :)

looks like ill go through insurance, theyve listed pretty much everything to do, mainly because there are 2 arms bent, and they dont know wether the strut and other parts are out of place because of the arms or because they are bent as well, so they have to price for job lot, but might not be all the parts if you get what im saying, also, the rim will need to be replaced by them or fixed by me, and the bumper needs to be sorted,

im getting a price later, so ill let you know how much nissan charge for it :scare:

might be fixing it myself, alex can do me a great price for the whole passenger side suspension, so it would save involving the insurance and getting bummed on renewal prices next year, all i would need to do is then pay for the bumper repair and buy the new alloys which i had already planned for

might be fixing it myself, alex can do me a great price for the whole passenger side suspension, so it would save involving the insurance and getting bummed on renewal prices next year, all i would need to do is then pay for the bumper repair and buy the new alloys which i had already planned for

Sounds like a mini-meet at Scott's. Anyone fancy lending a hand to get him sorted? I'll be there :thumbs:

I slid down a hill two weeks ago and sat panicking while travelling towards a parked car at 5 miles an hour. Luckily I managed to swerve towards the curb and turn the wheels towards it to stop but I certainly cr*pped myself and then refused to move any further!

Bad news there scott, I hope you get it sorted swiftly and cheaply!

looks like i will be doing it myself, i can get the parts cheaper than my excess so might as well not bother with the insurance company, nissan want just under 4k for doing the work, and only 575 of that is labour :scare:

seen as you guys are doing it ill order a set of lowering springs aswell :lol: ill get onto alex later and order the parts

Just get loads of releasing oil on the bolts so we don't round them off or shear them!

Do you have use of another car while yours is off the road (ie are we in a major rush to get this done)?

Also, what bits need replacing in all? Do you have stands/jacks etc and anywhere warm and dry to do this?

im hoping to get it done either this week/weekend or next, i havnt got another car to travel in as yet, ill have to use the folks, im not at that other house as me and the misses split up, i think, basically everything in the suspension im replacing except the anti roll bar and main cross member, should be fun, and unfortunetly, id bring you thermals, it will be outside :cold: