Stanski's Nissan Cube micro Picture review

stanski

Fun filled weekend excursion - we went to see the 370 roadster and Cube at Westway Nissan Oldham and Rochdale.

I know the Cube is not for everyone but we liked the old one so wanted to see what this new one was like.

We liked it and subject to a test drive would probably buy one.

This particular one had a dark interior which was a bit dull but otherwise well made and shock - bumper paint match superb!!! :yahoo:

Its the same Storm White as Colins 370z (nice choice) and looked ace but played havoc with the cameras exposure as did the indoor lighting so excuse the colour in some pictures.

Here is Ania resting after taking all the pictures for the shoot :lol:

mIbpTL9Yrg.jpg

C42ykYh111.jpg

iZrmYGsu9W.jpg

ktWyY03U7h.jpg

7TFzvbox83.jpg

Lovely big freezer door opens wide and lots of space in the back.

JcJHq0HhTN.jpg

pQBl3G8ggV.jpg

KvuJp0GwFo.jpg

It felt very van like inside.But why have a reversing camera I have no idea!! :wacko:

Cube actually looks better in the flesh than in photos.

Forgot to look at the water drop ceiling but never mind. Inside is very spacious although Lucy thought the gearlever was something out of a Lorry it was that hard to move! :headhurt:

Dont go for the stupid optional decals you can have put on , like the Bini - fine if your 12 years old but come on ! :shrug:

Its a very practical, very different, interesting city car/ people carrier, however it does need spacers and lowering - tints and chrome bling with a nice set of alloys! Good alternative to the usual boring offerings from everyone else and that Kia Soul looks pants!

Oldham is'nt quite trendy Tokyo but for 20 mins today it was :D

Thanks to Westway Nissan for letting me take pictures etc for the club

Is that a gloss black roof panel Stan ? B)

Yes mate glass roof on this spec like the Fiat 500 personally I don't them prefer metal there not glass.

Yes Husky where did you steal the company design bluprint from :lol:

Markey just get to a stealer and have a peep. I am concerned it will wallow like a barge but I am sure you can lower them easily enough? The diesel engine is supposed to gave more poke than the petrol but that doesn't come out until summer I think?

i think there design team had been watching postman pat episodes when they designed that.

for a laugh i'd like to see a red one with postman logos on the side. :lol:

i haven't passed judgemnt on it yet, i like it for being different, but haven't decided if its different in a good way.

interior looks a little bland for my liking though, need to go see one in the flesh

I looked at one in my local dealers. Storm White with space invaders decals! :lol::lol:

I asked a pile of questions and the salesman said ' I don't know' or 'I couldn't tell you' then I eventually said 'do you care?' his reply...... 'No...'

He said it was beside his desk and he had it moved as he didn't want to look at it! :lol::lol:

Looks like it'd be a pretty decent family wagon really but not for me!

The problem with this is the bl@@@y bini!! Nissan decided to try and go all arty farty with it. Like the new Beetle both these cars were supposed to be cheap run abouts obviuosly beetle continuing the family line but instead the marketing bids and accountants got greedy put the price up and made it something it is not. Remember this is a 90's design - this one has been tarted up however if it sold for £6.5k and they left the outside bit squarer like the orginal but made the inside a bit brighter they would sell like hot cakes.

They are something a bit different. At the stealers they had 2 and everyone was

looking at them an inside them. I don't know what colours inside they do for the other external colours but i was dissapointed with the dark inside colour. It looked well made but as it's a Nissan Note floorpan you just know they have reached into the boing parts bin :dry:

Thats how the first one was stan, utilitarian !! Nout wrong with them, just all functional and loads of places to store stuff. Kept the price down too.

Huge boot space with the back seats down.

They have tried to make the new one a better place to be... Feng Shui gone mad!

Thats how the first one was stan, utilitarian !! Nout wrong with them, just all functional and loads of places to store stuff. Kept the price down too.

Yes indeed they dithered for a few years if they would sell here an so put a slightly nicer interior in when all they needed was a better engine and tighter suspension that's it and keep the price reasonable. Well I like the original and I like this one but subject to a test drive maybe Lucys future city car although she wants it full on Tokyo modded in black, tints, lowered nice alloys and chromed up :lol:

They should do a postman pat version and maybe an A Team version :lol::lol:

Yes indeed they dithered for a few years if they would sell here an so put a slightly nicer interior in when all they needed was a better engine and tighter suspension that's it and keep the price reasonable. Well I like the original and I like this one but subject to a test drive maybe Lucys future city car although she wants it full on Tokyo modded in black, tints, lowered nice alloys and chromed up :lol:

They should do a postman pat version and maybe an A Team version :lol::lol:

This is what I would have done to one had I got it!!

cube1.jpg

And they do a supercharger!!