Stolen Aerial (Donation Required)

AlexZ

Haha, and I thought I was one of the most immature/youngest Z owners..... :teeth:

Sound like a bargain, where you live Surry America?

Alex

no,

i live in surrey, nr london!

if u want it PM me, after all this i think people just wont bother to offer it up for free, the only things for free are usually not things that u want!! and at the end of the day, other people had/have to pay for mods and such like so to ask FOC is just silly. regardless of the cost, i might go into curry's tomorrow and ask for that PC lead i wanted. but i want it free coz mine broke.

sorry pal, its not the way the world goes round

Cheers

Sparky

i think the problem lies here:

"some nob stole my aerial, what a bunch of cocks!"

"here mate, have mine"

"wow, thanks!"

or

"can i have a free aerial please"

"mm no a free one but i can give you this one for insanely cheap?"

"mm no thanks, i'll hold out untill someone gives me 15 quid for free."

just comes across all wrong if you get my meaning? :shrug:

Alex,

Get yourself a Honda S2K aerial. You can get these on ebay for dirt cheap and the reception is really good. Im sure other members on here can back me up!!!

Thank you all for your help lol... :thumbs:

I thought forum's were the place people helped other car own's. I just thought if someone had an aerial in there garage/shed they wasn't using because they had changed there O.E aerial they might want to passed it on to some who needed one. If I had something of use to another member not worth £50+ I would'nt mind sending it on if they covered the post

I used the Celica forum before I bought the 350Z and gave away a rear calpier that cost me over £60, all I needed were the seals but another member's had seazed. Why not help people if people are willing to help you when your in need.

I like the fact you need to hold onto everything if theres no cash involved and you called me tight and can't afford the Z lol :p ...I admit the fuel is a little expensive but I've only owned the car a few months.

Buying the car and insurace wasn't to bad to be honest, you get a lot of car for your money imo. Money wasn't really the issue if i'm honest, I just expected more people to say no worries mate I have one pay me (X) for p+p.

If nothing else I've learnt not to ask for anything to much, please let me know when you plan to charge for advise if you have anything usefull to say :thumbs:

So no one has an aerial for me lol.

Kind Regards

Alex

I have an OEM aerial that I could let you have for p&p!

However, I live a 2 mile drive from the nearest post office, so I'll have to drive four miles to post it (that's at least £1 for petrol), then there's the postage on top (say another £1 at least) plus the half-hour of my time to find it, pack it up, drive there and back etc. Should take me about 30 minutes in total - I normally charge £60 an hour for the work I do, so we'll say £20 for the half-hour I have to take off work to do it as you are on the forum (mates rates at 30% off sounds reasonable) giving a total of say £23.00 all in for p&p!

I reckon £10 from the earlier offer for p&p sounds reasonable in these circumstances! You get my drift.... :dry:

However, I live a 2 mile drive from the nearest post office, so I'll have to drive four miles to post it (that's at least £1 for petrol), then there's the postage on top (say another £1 at least) plus the half-hour of my time to find it, pack it up, drive there and back etc. Should take me about 30 minutes in total - I normally charge £60 an hour for the work I do, so we'll say £20 for the half-hour I have to take off work to do it as you are on the forum (mates rates at 30% off sounds reasonable) giving a total of say £23.00 all in for p&p!

I reckon £10 from the earlier offer for p&p sounds reasonable in these circumstances! You get my drift.... :dry:

Dibs ;)

I have given away things to members on here in the past. Including a full OEM exhaust system, and various badges.

In each case someone posted up saying they wanted something, I said I had it, they asked how much I wanted for it, I told them nothing - just to donate to the RNLI and call it even.

NEVER ask for anything for free. Its just not the done thing in any walk of life unless you're a scrounging ba**ard. But by all means when somethign is offered for free, then take it with humility.

You have been flamed quite alot in this thread, and yet you dont seem to understand why. Despite it been explained by a few members.

I have an OEM aerial going spare. However it isnt just a useless piece of kit cluttering up space. I keep hold of it incase someone swipes my stubby and I need to replace it - in which case Id be buying a new stubby off ebay for £8. So I would want at least £8 for the OEM one. Otherwise I'd be out of pocket and you'd be £8 up.

Now £8 aint much, and I certainly wouldnt miss it. But neither would you. So stop being a tight arse.

And if all else fails, go nick one of a S2000 in a car park.

Dibs ;)

SOLD ;)

:lol:

If your anywhere nr SE London you can have mine if you can afford the petrol over! Its sitting in the garage with a set of 17" Leon FR alloys, set of OEM Leon speakers, an air filter for the Leon and one for the Z front and back Z badges, oem stereo for the Leon and Bose one for the Z.... all waiting for me to stick them on fleabay or until hell freezes over! Hang on Woolwich has frozen over, I better get a move on!

Dibs ;)

SOLD ;)

:lol:

Thanks Lincoln .... I'm not too far from you so I'll collect :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks to everyone who has posted. I now have one sorted via a couple of the members. I have learnt not to ask for anything in the future as kindness isnt they way from some members.

If the transaction does goes ahead with the aerial swap I will be paying £10 for the part and i'll donate £5 to the club. Like I said at the start, money wasnt really the issue :teeth:

Regards Alex

Thanks to everyone who has posted. I now have one sorted via a couple of the members. I have learnt not to ask for anything in the future as kindness isnt they way from some members.

If the transaction does goes ahead with the aerial swap I will be paying £10 for the part and i'll donate £5 to the club. Like I said at the start, money wasnt really the issue :teeth:

Regards Alex

sorry alex but why did you say donate then. I think when it comes down to it, it was just the angle you came from. Members are willing to give stuff for free, there are some great offers of kindness on this forum. :)

At least now your sorted anyway. :)