1. 1. Which Phone??

• Iphone 3GS
    • Sony Satio
    • Nokia N900

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as its what i do for a living, i can make an educated comment.

I-phone everyone loves them and to a point i can see why, but i just couldnt own one hate itunes hate texting on it.

N900 is the new maemo 5 os and it looks as though its gonna be good but as with all nokia flagships expect delays and bugs

Satio, one word crap apart from the camera.

Hero got rid of mine as you could not force landscape mode in all applications except browser and msg and the andriod os lacks polish

Blackberry storm tried one for 6 months reluctantly as i was doing a blackberry BIS/BES course so needed to get my head round it, thought i would hate it but it changed me. and i have just ordered a Storm 2 as im missing the blackberry experience, which will be with me tomorrow off to get it unlocked and then whack the o2 sim in :teeth:

I honestly say the storm although not perfect is arguably the best phone i have ever had and i have had a lot of devices over the years

+ The iphone is just ludicrously priced

+ The iphone is just ludicrously priced

+1

The reason that I went for the Blackberry. Had my Storm since release date in 08 & not had a single problem with it. The only let down is the touchscreen is really annoying at times, which is why when my upgrade is due in March I'll probably switch to the Bold 9700 :D

The reason that I went for the Blackberry. Had my Storm since release date in 08 & not had a single problem with it. The only let down is the touchscreen is really annoying at times, which is why when my upgrade is due in March I'll probably switch to the Bold 9700 :D

had the bold 9700 for a few months now and it is the best phone i have ever owned!! i am addicted to writing emails and texting on it! some good apps as well. its a very good phone much better than the curve that i had! plus the BB messenger is really good, free messages to other BB users.

i have just loaded sky mobile onto mine and it works a treat!

Some cracking advice there, cheers fellas :thumbs: - really tempted with the BB

I had looked on ebay with a view to buying an Iphone handset, sticking an Orange sim in it, but they are ludicrously over priced as you say and I'd also heard things about Apple being able to remotely 'kill' your phone. Again I'd assume this is utter b*ll*cks but I'd still be miffed if I'd paid all that and the thing went wrong...

T-Mobile are offering me the curve 8900 in the list of upgrades, but think I'll look at the Bold 9700 as i like the keyboard I think...

Don't get a crackberry with it's beard of bees or rubbish touchscreen, iPhone all day long with it's 1,000s of apps. I have an iPhone 3G and the 3GS is quicker still, don't worry about memory size as it's so easy to stream all the music you want from home anyway. Once the iPhone is jailbroken it is even better still, don't know why apple don't let you mod it like it can be!

Best phone out there at the moment, not perfect by any means but certainly the best.

Some cracking advice there, cheers fellas :thumbs: - really tempted with the BB

I had looked on ebay with a view to buying an Iphone handset, sticking an Orange sim in it, but they are ludicrously over priced as you say and I'd also heard things about Apple being able to remotely 'kill' your phone. Again I'd assume this is utter b*ll*cks but I'd still be miffed if I'd paid all that and the thing went wrong...

T-Mobile are offering me the curve 8900 in the list of upgrades, but think I'll look at the Bold 9700 as i like the keyboard I think...

do not get the curve! its rubbish, the internet connection is sooo slow as its on GPRS, the bold is much better as its 3G!

Think the bottom line is walk into a shop and try them all out, see which one fits for you. :D

Lets get one thing clear - Apple Microsoft , Samsung, Nokia, Google, Blackberry etc etc they are all massive corporations with just 1 thing on their agenda - to make money.

While doing this they idealy love to have your personal info and shopping preferences this helps them to build a picture of you and target sales crap or sell it on and make more money from you! :thumbdown:

All the comments about one phone or manufacturer are subjective to each users experience with 1 specific handset. I loved Motorolas before they shipped their manufacturing out to china and quality went p*** poor, they broke easily so tried Samsung.

Samsung have good technology well made units but p*** poor software - I mean its like trying to figure out Reverse Polish Arithmatic in Korean!! :doh:

Had the Samsung Omnia i900 when it came out - it piddles on the Iphone in so many ways and I ahem modified mine easily but when I got the wonderphone it was like driving a crappy Micra and suddenly I have the keys to a GTR!!

Yes the wonderphone is over marketed, priced and hyped but the build and interface is just superb. The tech is'nt as good as the Omnia in some ways i.e the camera is bobins by comparision and everything is locked down but again it can be cracked and you have all the freebees for it.

It will always be about the overall cost against functionality.

Good luck with your search - remember they are all the same and the money is made on the payment plan more than the handset.

If its just money get a pay as you go generic brand handset from Asda for £20 and use their plan for peanuts :lol:

Think the bottom line is walk into a shop and try them all out, see which one fits for you. :D

Lets get one thing clear - Apple Microsoft , Samsung, Nokia, Google, Blackberry etc etc they are all massive corporations with just 1 thing on their agenda - to make money.

While doing this they idealy love to have your personal info and shopping preferences this helps them to build a picture of you and target sales crap or sell it on and make more money from you! :thumbdown:

All the comments about one phone or manufacturer are subjective to each users experience with 1 specific handset. I loved Motorolas before they shipped their manufacturing out to china and quality went p*** poor, they broke easily so tried Samsung.

Samsung have good technology well made units but p*** poor software - I mean its like trying to figure out Reverse Polish Arithmatic in Korean!! :doh:

Had the Samsung Omnia i900 when it came out - it piddles on the Iphone in so many ways and I ahem modified mine easily but when I got the wonderphone it was like driving a crappy Micra and suddenly I have the keys to a GTR!!

Yes the wonderphone is over marketed, priced and hyped but the build and interface is just superb. The tech is'nt as good as the Omnia in some ways i.e the camera is bobins by comparision and everything is locked down but again it can be cracked and you have all the freebees for it.

It will always be about the overall cost against functionality.

Good luck with your search - remember they are all the same and the money is made on the payment plan more than the handset.

If its just money get a pay as you go generic brand handset from Asda for £20 and use their plan for peanuts :lol:

Good call, I dont use my camera much or listen to music via the handset so Im not worried that the iPhone is crap at both. The latest updates have sorted quite a few issues out ie picture msgs etc, I mostly use mine for surfing, txting, playing games and the occasional phone call and I find it perfect for all my needs. I know a lot of people with iPhones and none would consider changing but then some people like to be different and thats fine, after all thats why i bought a Z....

battery is ok on 3gs, it gets better the longer you have it for some strange reason... the apps are amazing. the functionality is great and the phone is awesome for the web. im messaging you on this from it now.

all we need is a 350z-uk app for it

the battery life was the biggest stopper for me getting an iphone on renew, my HTC touch HD lasts 3-4 days without charge - that's with the bluetooth on all the time - to connect the the car, and connected the the 'net for push email.

I have a feeling i'll look at the HTC Touch HD2 when i'm due an upgrade unless apple bring out the 4g before then?

battery is ok on 3gs, it gets better the longer you have it for some strange reason... the apps are amazing. the functionality is great and the phone is awesome for the web. im messaging you on this from it now.

all we need is a 350z-uk app for it

We have an Iphone shortcut to the club, but yeah maybe the team can do a game for it - where you get 350z's firing oil on the new Jag (sorry chesterfield - thought you would approve of this! - btw seen the ad for them - they must be desperate to shift them! - sorry high jacking this thread!) ;):lol:

just googled for more info

Indeed but I wouldn't rush to get it - remember 3g took ages to be adopted, it's only going to be as good as transmitter coverage though :shrug:

i just thought it meant 4th generation :blush: not as in 3rd generation comunication(the fabled everyone will be video calling from three)

just googled for more info

Indeed but I wouldn't rush to get it - remember 3g took ages to be adopted, it's only going to be as good as transmitter coverage though :shrug:

i just thought it meant 4th generation :blush: not as in 3rd generation comunication(the fabled everyone will be video calling from three)

It's the 4th (generation) Iphone, not Iphone 4G (network, a'la Japan)

It'll be out in the summer, probably announced at Macworld next month.