The Good Book

ATTAK Z

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i best keep quiet as i'm sure i'm a prime candidate for this; my grammer and punctuation is very poor. partly due to dyslexia, but i do try. :blush:

i don't like txt speak either, and although i'm not brilliant with the written language i still have pedantic moments.

when speaking students who use the term "goes" instead of "said"

e.g.

i was talking to my mate when he goes "oh whats occuring" should be

i was talking to my mate when he said "oh whats occuring"

i often ask students "where did they go" it confuses the hell out of them. :lol:

i best keep quiet as i'm sure i'm a prime candidate for this; my grammer and punctuation is very poor. partly due to dyslexia, but i do try. :blush:

i don't like txt speak either, and although i'm not brilliant with the written language i still have pedantic moments.

when speaking students who use the term "goes" instead of "said"

e.g.

i was talking to my mate when he goes "oh whats occuring" should be

i was talking to my mate when he said "oh whats occuring"

i often ask students "where did they go" it confuses the hell out of them. :lol:

This is turning into a chav thread :lol: (Just like waz predicted monfs ago on ere!)

Damn I used to have excellent spelling and punctuation however slaving over a hot computer for 20 years has one losing ones langauage skills some what! :blush::shrug:

im sure i make the odd mistake hear and thier, i apologize, its cos i figured it aint a proper leter or nuthin.

Oh chaps, what diabolical massacre some of us make of our English language. When accused of such crimes from time to time one must confess his guilt. :surrender: The use of an item of the "cos" nature is unacceptable and consider this ones apology. In defence of shortened language the use of proper English grammar, sentence structure and spelling on a forum is somewhat tedious. However one refuses to condone such behaviour as this so called "text speak". It is a degeneration of the language to a level incomprehensible by any but the most mentally defective. Full and correct language via text is also used by oneself, for this reason a qwerty keyboard is an essential tool in the prevention of repetitive strain injuries.

big up da englandish my bruvas :victory:

........ slaving over a hot computer for 20 years has one losing ones langauage skills some what! :blush::shrug:

I find that when I try to write longhand, I can't easily do it ....... for the same reason ........my writing never was any good really, but these days, even I can't read it :lol:

i apologize,

Are you an American Husky, John? :lol: This thread is daft. Everyone makes grammatical errors. It's just the interweb grammar police that gets their knickers in a twist.

danny you muppet :lol: red = **** take. blue = correctyness

im sure i make the odd mistake hear and thier, i apologize, its cos i figured it aint a proper leter or nuthin.

Oh chaps, what diabolical massacre some of us make of our English language. When accused of such crimes from time to time one must confess his guilt. :surrender: The use of an item of the "cos" nature is unacceptable and consider this ones apology. In defence of shortened language the use of proper English grammar, sentence structure and spelling on a forum is somewhat tedious. However one refuses to condone such behaviour as this so called "text speak". It is a degeneration of the language to a level incomprehensible by any but the most mentally defective. Full and correct language via text is also used by oneself, for this reason a qwerty keyboard is an essential tool in the prevention of repetitive strain injuries.

i apologize,

Are you an American Husky, John? :lol: This thread is daft. Everyone makes grammatical errors. It's just the interweb grammar police that gets their knickers in a twist.

danny you muppet :lol: red = **** take. blue = correctyness

:lol: That'll 'learn' me for not reading properly.

This thread is daft. Everyone makes grammatical errors. It's just the interweb grammar police that gets their knickers in a twist.

It's just a bit of fun really Danny ...a place, for those who want to, to vent a bit of anger about the deterioration of English grammar and punctuation in modern society. Whilst I don't think it's fair or right to quote and make fun of people on threads that are about something else, I am happy to have a place where I can discuss a topic like this in general terms, and hopefully not embarrass or be rude to anyone in particular.

Thee you go ... :rant: over

Can someone explain this... more of a speech one.

I asked him --- correct :)

I aksed him --- GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry:

oh that one bugs me, seen it alot with my wifes side of the family, her cousin married a bloke from nigeria and lots of his family including himself used that term. mainly the ones that had lived in and around london.

A bit like

nuclear :)

nuceler :angry:

lol the yanks drive me up the wall with how they say aluminium

That's not a grammar thing though ...it actually is the American word for refined bauxite ..so.. aluminum is good :)

A bit like

nuclear :)

nuceler :angry:

lol the yanks drive me up the wall with how they say aluminium

That's not a grammar thing though ...it actually is the American word for refined bauxite ..so.. aluminum is good :)

Alooooooominum :cry: why...