Vintage phone kit fitted in my car

stuRS

Alright chaps,

My recently acquired UK GT has got a mobile phone kit installed, it runs into the cubby box between the seats (behind gear lever).

It looks to be for an old Nokia 6310 (I say old - 2003 when the car was made) and I want rid of it.

My thinking is, will this be wired to the standard Bose 6 disk changer HU, and if so can I do something clever with connecting an Ipod...probably not I rekon.

Anyways, is this an after-market Halfrauds jobby or did Nissan offer this as a luxurious option for all the sales reps that bought these on hire purchase??

Cheers,

Stu

Stanski, I like it.

I imagine you could wangle out of a £60 fine for comedy value alone.

Right, so it'll be an international type plug in the cubby box then? So I can bin the nokia one and fit something for my black barry (as I like to call him)

Mate that's fine I really appreciate the help.

I thought it was a bit odd that it's a model specific cradle, I'm planning on spending some time on the car tomorrow so will pull it about and take some pictures.

If only I could run an aux in to that cubby box without forking out for a new HU and about a million extra looms

Mate that's fine I really appreciate the help.

I thought it was a bit odd that it's a model specific cradle, I'm planning on spending some time on the car tomorrow so will pull it about and take some pictures.

If only I could run an aux in to that cubby box without forking out for a new HU and about a million extra looms

TAPE ADAPTER!!!!!! for music and other accesories, thats what i did and it works a treat mate, it looks a bit poo but, was a fiver from tescos and works brilliantly. much better than spending 600+ on a new HU

I'm not sure about the double phone adapter but I had an old Nokia style cradle when I purchased my Zed ..

After some messing around I found that there were 2 buttons on the sides which you push to remove it ...

Once removed you can replace it with a bluetooth dongle as shown in the above post ...

Worked a treat for me!

:thumbs:

The picture isn't from a Zed though!

The phone dock will unclip and you'll be able to plug in the bluetooth module.

No idea if you'll be able to do anything fancy with the ipod though bar the tape deck hack.