How is your frosty bottom today then? Friday 8th

stanski

The temperature seems to have dropped substancially here this morning - very very cold outside -a mist/fog over the river but clear skies so hopefully the sun will start to warm everything up :thumbs:

Wonder how our southern cousins are doing think they had the worst yesterday?

:cold:

Just seen a neighbour who used his car yesterday now can't get into it this morning - all the doors are iced shut :scare:

Think I'll stay in :surrender:

Sounds like a good idea Colin and dont even think of taking your new beast out in the snow - it will vanish into the background for a start! :lol:

Well im well peed off its minus f##kin 11 up here the roads to our house are solid compacted snow only just got my wifes car up the incline went down to the pub to pick up my car and cant get it out its just impossible.

Another day late or maybe out of work, so sat here with a cup of tea watching sky news coverage of the "big freeze"

I wonder if i can withhold my council tax payment for not gritting and ploughing my road? mmm probably not as they would summons me to court, yet its ok for them to shaft us and we cant do jack to sue them, :rant:

Think im going to do a spot of shopping for the zed to cheer me up :teeth:

Well im well peed off its minus f##kin 11 up here the roads to our house are solid compacted snow only just got my wifes car up the incline went down to the pub to pick up my car and cant get it out its just impossible.

Another day late or maybe out of work, so sat here with a cup of tea watching sky news coverage of the "big freeze"

I wonder if i can withhold my council tax payment for not gritting and ploughing my road? mmm probably not as they would summons me to court, yet its ok for them to shaft us and we cant do jack to sue them, :rant:

Think im going to do a spot of shopping for the zed to cheer me up :teeth:

I know what you mean mate - they still have not gritted any roads here this week not even the A roads - its just the slush from cars driving that has moved anything out of the way. Working from home again - thank goodness for modern tech why they dont let us work from home anyway is beyond me but dont get me ranting about that!

Maybe they can offer a council tax reduction this year , no bins picked up either - oh why is that because they never gritted! :blackeye:

Wouldn't like to be one of those doing the gritting job - they must be working all hours just to keep the main roads open and at the end of the day with the millions of miles of road in this country we would all be paying a lot more council tax to have every road gritted, which is then quite useless when you get temperatures falling below -5 degrees, aside from when another heavy snowfall quickly covers over roads that are less well used than main roads.

Grin and bear it time ;)

Wouldn't like to be one of those doing the gritting job - they must be working all hours just to keep the main roads open and at the end of the day with the millions of miles of road in this country we would all be paying a lot more council tax to have every road gritted, which is then quite useless when you get temperatures falling below -5 degrees, aside from when another heavy snowfall quickly covers over roads that are less well used than main roads.

Grin and bear it time ;)

Well yes you are right Colin but when they fail to grit the main A roads into town - I have not seen any gritters anywhere here not even at night or the evening - they seem to be concentrating on the motorways and nowhere else - which is a personal worry for me as you know Lucy is due anytime in the next 2 weeks :surrender:

Fortunately we have her Grand Vitara which has been an absolute gem in this weather :thumbs:

wish i could do my work from home, unfortunatley most of it requires my interaction. just a joke i live about ten mins away from Llandegla mountain bike centre and thats been shut since the 20th of December the poor guys that run it have lost about 80k in revenue so far.

Where abouts are you in manchester? i went down to see my Nan on Sunday she lives in Rixton just by Irlam and that was an ice rink you would of though being right next to northwich and winsford salt capitals of the country that the northwest be salted to buggery.

Although interestingly guy on sky news said earlier that salt only works up to minus 9, so we are all doomed :lol::cold:

The problem is if you dont grit the minors how the hell are the people going to get on to the majors :wacko:

At the end of the day it is what is and its a bit of a freak event , but i think we pay enough tax, whether it by road, council or the ludicrous cost of fuel to cover decent service and health and saftey of residents

wish i could do my work from home, unfortunatley most of it requires my interaction. just a joke i live about ten mins away from Llandegla mountain bike centre and thats been shut since the 20th of December the poor guys that run it have lost about 80k in revenue so far.

Where abouts are you in manchester? i went down to see my Nan on Sunday she lives in Rixton just by Irlam and that was an ice rink you would of though being right next to northwich and winsford salt capitals of the country that the northwest be salted to buggery.

Although interestingly guy on sky news said earlier that salt only works up to minus 9, so we are all doomed :lol::cold:

The problem is if you dont grit the minors how the hell are the people going to get on to the majors :wacko:

At the end of the day it is what is and its a bit of a freak event , but i think we pay enough tax, whether it by road, council or the ludicrous cost of fuel to cover decent service and health and saftey of residents

We are in North Manchester in a world far far away! :sun:

Yes the water freezes again below a certain temp anyway so salt is ineffective - maybe they should cover the roads in Weetabix - that stuff is bomb proof! :lol:

I know what you mean mate - they still have not gritted any roads here this week not even the A roads - its just the slush from cars driving that has moved anything out of the way. Working from home again - thank goodness for modern tech why they dont let us work from home anyway is beyond me but dont get me ranting about that!

Maybe they can offer a council tax reduction this year , no bins picked up either - oh why is that because they never gritted! :blackeye:

I agree re the WFH bit Stan .... I am much more productive here ......... we are allowed 1 day per week although it looks like I'll be here 3 days this week :D

We got a bin collection yesterday, so that was good

I think the gritting thing is a poor show though. Apparently, if the council personnel work past midnight on any particular day, then they have to be paid a full day's pay for the next day in addition to their normal wage, so it becomes very expensive for local authorities and means that optimum times for gritting are missed.

Hey ho, I'm happy to continue to increase my output ny staying indoors and leaving my baby all tucked up :D

I agree re the WFH bit Stan .... I am much more productive here ......... we are allowed 1 day per week although it looks like I'll be here 3 days this week :D

We got a bin collection yesterday, so that was good

I think the gritting thing is a poor show though. Apparently, if the council personnel work past midnight on any particular day, then they have to be paid a full day's pay for the next day in addition to their normal wage, so it becomes very expensive for local authorities and means that optimum time for gritting are missed.

Hey ho, I'm happy to continue to increase my output ny staying indoors and leaving my baby all tucked up :D

I think thats part of the problem they wont pay the gritters the overtime - so they would rather we all suffer - well lets see how many claims they get for personal injury etc!

Apparently there has been a rush of people buying cat litter instead of salt as its supposed to be good? Get yourselves down to Costco and buy in bulk even if you dont have a cat! :lol:

what about a mixture of cat litter and absolut vodka that woul defo not freeze until past -12 :lol:

What a waste of decent vodka :lol: - just use that Vlaady cr@p from Varrington instead - its only good for cleaning drains! ICI's finest! :yuck:

Day three of stuck at home. Work are going to email me some stuff to do but its not ideal - i really need to be in the office for a lot of my job. They have been very good though. Even the A roads around here now are sheet ice, seems they may have run out of salt........ so even IF i could get the zed out of the drive, then five miles of thick snow in the village I still wouldn't fancy skating along the main roads. I'm so sick of it now. Its a constant worry........... :thumbdown:

I know its getting to me a bit being stuck at home but I am so happy not to be spending those 3 hours a day on the motorway! :shrug:

Best to keep the Zeds at home folks

Sorry I could'nt help myself had to sneak just one picture from this morning - the mist rising off the river quite moody!

JMTLq84EoF.JPG

Stan you need a new avatar! Father xmas is officially back with the Elves now! :lol:

I know been meaning to do it but between pushing next doors beemer off the drive just now and work been a busy bee! Tree has come down now though :D

Had to go to work today :( Was surprisingly easy to get the car out :(

Different story coming home though, some of the neighbours decided it was a good idea to start digging the snow & have made a right mess, which means I cant actually get in the street :rant: It took me 10 bloody minutes to get up the hill to my street & now I had to park it back down the hill :rant:

Had to go to work today :( Was surprisingly easy to get the car out :(

Different story coming home though, some of the neighbours decided it was a good idea to start digging the snow & have made a right mess, which means I cant actually get in the street :rant: It took me 10 bloody minutes to get up the hill to my street & now I had to park it back down the hill :rant:

Was probably a good idea at the time - just wait for it to freeze tonight :headhurt:

Well my bum was ok thanks Stan, however my hands, head and feet were very cold when I trekked to Asda today! Here's a little photo diary of my journey, the walking not driving option was justified as per the following pics, oh and after last night I should probably add *warning pic heavy, and only one Zed pic* :lol:

View from my window this morning:

P1050508.jpg

The lamp outside my house:

P1050523.jpg

The 'green' outside my house:

P1050533.jpg

The tree just missed the Gatso when it went down, unfortunately!

P1050578.jpg

Some of the path was untouched:

P1050593.jpg

Probably because people were on the road pushing the oddcar that had ventured out!

P1050583.jpg

Got home and some of the Icicles had melted and were lying on the floor:

P1050605.jpg

Watched the last session of the cricket as Sky was working despite the icicles on the dish!

P1050621.jpg