snow troubles

Marios

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, maybe we should start a Snowy photos / Photography thread in 'Off Topic' rather than hijacking this thread and leaving everyone :yawn:

Already done mate but think I've bored too many people with my pics on this forum already :blush::surrender:

there are a lot of great photographers on this forum though :thumbs:

OK, got quite stuck in the drive this morning just as i had to stop to wait for the traffic :(

then coming into the FLAT work car parkgot stranded half way across. so theres me, in the middle of a massive empty car park, with spinning wheels going nowhere :dry: and my mate turns up in his tt and happily plops in his space. as punishment i asked him to push ;) utterly useless today :shrug:

today was the first day including all the time in scotland that i thought i may end up stuck :scare: im not exactly sure how im getting out the car park tbh

all i can say is WIN, im out, mwhahahaaha :p slowly slowly does it!!

i think it may be an idea to go buy masses of bottled water and keep it in the boot to get some weight on it...

Very nice B) I love trees covered in snow with that blue sky. Husky had some nice pics at his parents over Christmas it's that crisp skyyou can't beat it. Will shut up before I get told off

for boring everyone :blush:

Went for a walk in the hills a few days ago and snapped this :)

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1372-1.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

Very nice B) I love trees covered in snow with that blue sky. Husky had some nice pics at his parents over Christmas it's that crisp skyyou can't beat it. Will shut up before I get told off

for boring everyone :blush:

Went for a walk in the hills a few days ago and snapped this :)

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1372-1.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

Superb mate B) wish I could get away and go for a walk just to take pics and enjoy the day but limited to an hour for lunch as normal :shrug:

Husky know what you mean I temporarily stopped traffic - stuck in the middle of the road junction the other day in the 300C - to be honest the 300C has amazed me how good it is in this weather but inclines, snow ontop of ice even defeats its RWD system - I managed to carefully rev and release rev and release technique (with the ESP off) and eventually it pulled through fortunately everyone on the junction was pretty good and left me to it. But not a nice feeling! :blush:

Have you tried reversing out of there maybe? Give it a try ? Saw a G35 doing that the other day and it worked. :D

The best car I have is the one awaiting its restoration - the Beetle was the only car I ever had that never got stuck or slid anywhere in this weather (of course we have Lucy's Suzuki 4x4 which has been ace this week) :thumbs:

well im officially pi**ed off with the snow, ive had to abanden my zed down the road as it wont make it up the hill to my house... hopefully my old chap will be over soon with the landy and tow me to the top... i hope

The roads are quite shocking in parts. I was nearly involved in a mini skid fest earlier. Two cars in front hit each other. My car started snaking all over the shop and then a Micra a few cars behind span out too. We just all hit a blanket of ice. Was glad to get back in one piece and park up the Z!

Just driven from Coventry to Wokingham - apart from the outside lane of the M40 being snow covered it was fine, until the last 3 miles. They had shut the A329M from Bracknell to the M4 to pull a lorry out of the verge and ALL the traffic was going through the town centre. So off I went to the back roads...... :bangin::drive1:drive1:scare:

Was quite fun until I came across someone coming the other way doing the same! :lol:

Stopped playing after that, nursed it home with it getting worse every 1/2 mile until the 2 feet of snow in my road made it quite difficult!!!

haha, wasnt quite as bad as id made it out to be, i went back to my car about 1.00 and the roads were jus about drivable so managed to get it home, whoo... feel abit bad for having the day off work now... o well

I went out to the wheelie bin tonight and just about lost a boot in the snow in my back garden. Decided to measure it. Found a long stick (that is part of a cat toy) and measured an untouched bit of the back garden and the garage roof. The stick disappeared into the snow both times. Measured the stick and it was 20 inches long! So I have more than 20 inches of snow fall in the back. The front is the same as it was up to my knees when I was clearing the jeep.

On a lighter note I pushed and dug a few folk into works car park this morning as our tractor mannie hadn't been round. They said 'we'll wait to see you get out ok' and I replied 'I'm going out Ken Block style!' Big drifts and out! :thumbs:

I went out to the wheelie bin tonight and just about lost a boot in the snow in my back garden. Decided to measure it. Found a long stick (that is part of a cat toy) and measured an untouched bit of the back garden and the garage roof. The stick disappeared into the snow both times. Measured the stick and it was 20 inches long! So I have more than 20 inches of snow fall in the back. The front is the same as it was up to my knees when I was clearing the jeep.

On a lighter note I pushed and dug a few folk into works car park this morning as our tractor mannie hadn't been round. They said 'we'll wait to see you get out ok' and I replied 'I'm going out Ken Block style!' Big drifts and out! :thumbs:

:worthless: