Winter car????

350zPaul

As you all know the weather is getting quite bad now!

Im startin to consider putting the GTR away untill maybe Feb/March as i dont fancy a hefty repair bill :lol:

but what to get for those winter months?

I was thinking either a Range Rover Sport or Mercedes GL or an ML. However, Im open to suggestions :thumbs:

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Cheers guys

Paul :)

isn't the GTR 4 wheel drive anyway? should it not find thhis weather far easier than the Zed?

Its all relative. I don't think it has a snow setting... :lol:

What would put me off a Rangie is reliability/quality. The reputation is pretty p1ss poor and Chesterfield's recent Jag experience wouldn't make me any more confident. Merc or BMW for me. :thumbs:

google "mercedes build quality" then :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Merc quality has been pants for years, they are trying to fix it now but somehow I am not sure they can change their spots so quickly. They are like Vw and Audi they made their name on top quality products but have been cutting costs hence quality for a long time now but prople still believe the advertising unfortunately.

Get an older merc G wagon they were still well made :thumbs:

why would you buy a rear wheel jeep for the winter? That would be a nightmare to drive surely. IMO lighter cars are better in the snow so small light cars. I drove a Q7 in the snow and it was crap.

eh???? rear wheel jeep???????????

4x4s are called 4x4sfor a reason...... Unless it's a crappy 'urban' thing with FWD only!

why would you buy a rear wheel jeep for the winter? That would be a nightmare to drive surely. IMO lighter cars are better in the snow so small light cars. I drove a Q7 in the snow and it was crap.

4x4s are called 4x4sfor a reason...... Unless it's a crappy 'urban' thing with FWD only!

+1 confusing

Forget all of them, P reg 1.4 automatic VW polo. :#1:

Out tonight delivering pizza and never got stuck once, up hill, down hill. I couldn't believe how good it was and the best bit is. . .

It cost me £200 :yahoo:

Have you ever delivered pizza in your Zed? Would love to see someone's face when you rocked up in that with their spicy pepperoni! :lol:

Ahh the x5 is awd I always thought they where rwd as all bmws are. My bad. :blackeye:

Ahh the x5 is awd I always thought they where rwd as all bmws are. My bad. :blackeye:

:lol::lol::lol:

To be fair I think they are rear biased 4WD.