Winter car????

350zPaul

Forget all of them, P reg 1.4 automatic VW polo. :#1:

Out tonight delivering pizza and never got stuck once, up hill, down hill. I couldn't believe how good it was and the best bit is. . .

It cost me £200 :yahoo:

Have you ever delivered pizza in your Zed? Would love to see someone's face when you rocked up in that with their spicy pepperoni! :lol:

Nope, i used to use my Golf when my crappy car went off the road. Brought a tear to my eye every time. But will NEVER deliver in the Z.

why would you buy a rear wheel jeep for the winter? That would be a nightmare to drive surely. IMO lighter cars are better in the snow so small light cars. I drove a Q7 in the snow and it was crap.

My dad has a Q7 and its been perfect in this weather, never got stuck once unlike my GTR :headhurt: i was the laughing stock of the street getting stuck in it lol, its 4 wheel drive yeah but rear biased when pulling away, i does have snow mode but that only works if the car is moving :lol: i think all it does it lower the revs on pulling away and gear changes tbh!

thanks for all the input guys, still not decided what to go for yet :(.

Paul

I use a Range Rover Sport as my daily driver - the Zed has had a long rest recently with the very wet and now very cold weather we've had over the past couple of months. The Zed would have been undriveable on the West of Ireland roads for the most part. The RRS is a very comfortable bus - a couple of small niggles (easily sorted) has been a small price to pay for owning one over the X5 etc.

why would you buy a rear wheel jeep for the winter? That would be a nightmare to drive surely. IMO lighter cars are better in the snow so small light cars. I drove a Q7 in the snow and it was crap.

My dad has a Q7 and its been perfect in this weather, never got stuck once unlike my GTR :headhurt: i was the laughing stock of the street getting stuck in it lol, its 4 wheel drive yeah but rear biased when pulling away, i does have snow mode but that only works if the car is moving :lol: i think all it does it lower the revs on pulling away and gear changes tbh!

thanks for all the input guys, still not decided what to go for yet :(.

Paul

TB fair to the q7 it was snowing so bad the road got closed (motorway) even lorry werent moving. I just thought awd is as impressive on snow as I thought. I honestly thought my 1.5d 106 would be better. I may be wrong. The q7 was on gsd3s aswell so I dont know.

Forget all of them, P reg 1.4 automatic VW polo. :#1:

Out tonight delivering pizza and never got stuck once, up hill, down hill. I couldn't believe how good it was and the best bit is. . .

It cost me £200 :yahoo:

Who do you deliver pizza for ? is this full time, only asking because this is what I do :lol::lol: sort of.

If I was going for a winter car, one just when the weather is really bad......

I would have to go for a V8 Defender with a winch, snorkel and big nobbly tyres :drive1

You can also **** about in it and annoy all the ramblers

+1 True monster in the snow

Then again - Bowler Nemesis :D

If you don't know, google it

Alright, hows things Paul?

Why don't you just get yourself something worth a few grand to run around in, and keep the GTR for the good weather?

I don't think the weather is that bad all year round to think about spending £30-£40k on a 4x4.

Get yarself a runner, and if you prang it, break it, or scrap it! :)

If I was going for a winter car, one just when the weather is really bad......

I would have to go for a V8 Defender with a winch, snorkel and big nobbly tyres :drive1

You can also **** about in it and annoy all the ramblers

+1 True monster in the snow

Then again - Bowler Nemesis :D

If you don't know, google it

Shame thats not yet available for the road or that would have been a winner :lol:

id be guessing very very silly money when they bring out the Nemesis EXR.

Cheers

Paul

The Range Rover (full size not sport) is pretty darmn good in winter. My Dad had one up until a couple of weeks ago and for me the winter highlight was the heated steering wheel! Loads of other diff controls and air suspension ride height changie stuff to play with but you could point it at anything and it'd go!

See, they even go slightly offroad sometimes too!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15965&