350z 2005 question

Paulzx

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and my 350z knowledge is pretty limited, i have a 300zx at the moment

but want to replace it with a 350z.

Just a really general question, but i've seen a black 2005 350z uk spec i think,

which i fancy - are there any specific problems i can expect with the 2005 model?

Am i right in thinking the engine specs were better on the 2004 model onwards etc?

Also, do the UK models have electronic folding wing mirrors?

Thanks

are there any specific problems i can expect with the 2005 model?

All zeds are pretty much solid in terms of engine.

Am i right in thinking the engine specs were better on the 2004 model onwards etc?

earlier models have more torque, but less BHP. lots of info around here - check the FAQs

Also, do the UK models have electronic folding wing mirrors?

Yes

:)

earlier models have more torque, but less BHP. lots of info around here - check the FAQs

Engines were the same from launch in the UK until the facelift model in 2006, unless it is the GT4 special edition which got the more powerful engine from the facelift car almost a year earlier.

the earlier 276bhp ones are more tuneable as in there are more after market parts available for them and can be remapped with mods to about 300bhp. and offer with the remap more torque and grunt.

but if your not planning on modding the 313bhp 2007 onward offers the best out of the box power/torque. and the latest interior

there isn't alot in them. if you lined all 3 versions up and did a straihgt line drag i think there would be very little between them.

the GT4's are a nice model, and you have the extra exclusivity. but i'd go for the one in the best condition with the highest spec.

try for a GT spec car if not a GT4 they hold their value better. other than that then pick the one in the colour you like most.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't the 07 supposed to be noticeably faster than the previous models. Due to the change in measurement of BHP. Quarter miles seems to suggest the same (Anything up to 1 second quicker)

Kinda gutted I don't have an 07. But you have to draw a line somewhere!

Thanks for the info.

For me personally I can't go to a 2007 because they're just fetching too much

money, 2004/2005 is my limit really.

I have my eye on a yellow GT4, it has a lot of extras on it, but no one

will negotiate, they all want top money for them which is fair enough

but i expected to be able to negotiate a bit more in the supposed recession.

Good news if you're selling one i suppose - so long as they are actually selling!

Thanks for the info.

For me personally I can't go to a 2007 because they're just fetching too much

money, 2004/2005 is my limit really.

I have my eye on a yellow GT4, it has a lot of extras on it, but no one

will negotiate, they all want top money for them which is fair enough

but i expected to be able to negotiate a bit more in the supposed recession.

Good news if you're selling one i suppose - so long as they are actually selling!

GT4s in general didn't have many extrasover the GT pack. Different wheels, a couple of plaques, different side Z badges and the rev up engine.

most of the cars have increased in value, if your hoping for a recession bargin then your about 12 months too late. people are feeling safer and more stable and not panic selling.

you'll find a bargin out there but they aren't so easy to come by now.

i'd personally avoid any cat c or cat d's they are harder to sell on after and aren't worth as much. might loose more on the out.

i bought my 06 in 2008 for £15,000 with 13,000 miles on it. had it a year now and i reckon i'd probably get at least that and now it has 23,000 on the clock. if not more.

Same here. I got my 55 plate gt with low 30k miles for £12k nearly a year ago at a main dealer, inc. 2 yrs mfr warranty and I've seen many older models now going for 14k mark privately. Market has definitely picked up over the last year. "Free motoring" for a year has certainly been true. I got mine right in the middle of the recession so was lucky.

As to your purchase go for the one that looks most reliable and solid - slightly higher miles should not be an issue as long as the car has a FULL service history every 9k miles. I wanted a black or azure (bright) blue. It took me ages to find the right one but was worth the wait. It gets so much attention which I think is mainly down to the colour which makes it stand out as well as the unique 350z shape. You'll be very happy!

i've more or less settled for an 05 yellow GT4,

been looking into the dealer servicing costs which are surprisingly

reasonable!

I was told there will be no need for a cambelt change at any time due to the 350z

having a chain rather than a replaceable cambelt. To me, that sounds like a better

arrangement than having to worry about the cambelt at some point, although the chap

said that the new skyline's have gone back to cambelts.

Are there any issues with these chain belts?

Any opinions on reverse parking sensors?

A couple of Zeds I'm looking at have them fitted - presumably factory fitted,

or are they after market jobs?

Initially I thought they ruined the clean look of the back of the car but it's looking like

I might have no choice with the cars I'm looking at, thay all seem to have them..

Is it a bad thing or is the practical side of it a godsend?

Personally I've never reversed a car into an obstacle that has caused damage

to the car - but i have ffom the front lol!

i think they are worth it. as i have clipped the corner of mine. and they aren't cheap fixes.

personally if they have already been fitted i wouldn't complain about it.

i will be fitting ones that mount behind the bumper and aren't visible but its on my long list of things to do and its somewhere near the bottom.