If you wanted another Coupe?....What would it be?

givememorepower

I just might have to PX my car but not too sure if this is the case just yet, but if I have to, what would I buy?

There are many many cars to choose from, a lot much much faster than the 350Z.

But if you wanted one that handled just as well if not better, but with the good looks of the 350Z what would you choose? I've always been a fan of the S6 Avant, but don't think I'd admire it's looks like I do the Nissan.

Sure a Lotus Elise is much lighter and quicker, but wouldn't serve as an every day car, and they leak when it rains, The Skyline is fast as f*** but I can't bear to look at them, also an M3 is a cracking car, but doesn't really stand out. Had an Evo and it fell to bits, don't like Subaru's to look at, and kind of want to avoid owning a diesel.

My only option might just be a Porsche, but I don't really want people spitting at my car as I drive past, or keying it in Tesco's car park.

......what to buy.... :snack:

Probably not your cup of tea re the M3 but I just bought a 335d M sport coupe, its pretty quick and chipped runs 350bhp 700nm but not sure if I want to do that to the transmission.

Might be out of your budget too.

Difficult to tell you what car might work as you ruled most of them out in your first post.

I had an S2 Exige S for 18 months and they are fine to use every day. Mine never leaked or ever let me down once. There is nothing else like it.

My weekend car is now a Honda Supercharged Exige S1.

Everyone has to drive a Lotus once, there is NOTHING like them for the money. My Exige is like a mini Mclaren F1!

The S2 Elise is also very good, and does not leak etc unlike the earlier S1's.

Exige-1.jpg

I need to move my 350z on as I'm waiting on a house sale so I can emigrate, and every penny counts!

If the house doesn't sell soon, we'll probably give up and settle down with a dog,as our lives are pretty much on hold, and have been for over a year now.

I absolutely love the Elise, especially the Exige, but see them as a second/third car as a sunny weekend track toy, and not really much use for much else. That said I'd love to own one once. But no room for a pushbike or a dog!

The RS4 is way out of my price league due to running costs, I thing a ceramic brake set replacement costs more than a mk4 Golf GTi T !

The M-sport estate is something I keep looking at as the torque kicks arse, but only in a manual. I can't seem to find a used one below £25k though, if I find a good one of these for my price range it's a done deal. Only in manual.

Probably much higher. You get what you pay for and they are not a nissan.

That said I looked at one a few weeks ago, and the interior was as basic as a Z and had lots and lots and lots of brown leather which really isn't what I like. I'd pick cloth over leather every day of the week, even if it cost more, no cracking or creasing etc etc.

I reckon a 350Z could spank one providing I was driving :teeth:

evora would be my first choice but its way to expensive at the moment

i do love the z4 coupe's not the new one with the fancy folding roof though. even though its not as good as the zed it does look good.

on handling the cayman S but then its only marginally better than the zed.

M3 possibly if i needed the extra seats

to be honest at the moment there is nothing that i would swap the zed for.