show cage

Husky

oh dear, i was just asking about the show cage :blush:

to be on topic. it seems the general consensus is that a show cage doesn't suit the majority of tastes, this does not make it a bad idea as its all down to personal taste of the owner. what does make it a bad idea is the saftey aspect and possible devaluing of the car. if you can install one that doesnt leave any evidence and is completely safe in a crash then great, crack on :thumbs:

Amongst the other bits in this thread, there is information explaining how dangerous it could be (valuable information)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is mental :wacko:

Cheered me up on a sh!tty monday morning :#1:

I am of the opinion that sketch should do what he wants to do as its his car, thats the whole point of modding its you own taste, its inevitable that some (or alot :lol: ) of people aren't going to like it. Having said that I bow down to the greatness of knowledge on this site :notworthy: so respect their opinions when it comes to critisisms especially on safety aspects!. As has been said many times you are not going to satisfy everyone.

Ohhh the wonders of the Internet! :lol:

I'm all for people doing what they want but not when its as dangerous as this :thumbdown:

Totally agree, I was trying to make the point (althought subtly) but I was rambling enough already! :lol::thumbs:

Bullet had it right with his 'live and let live post' to be honest.

That was before he started wielding weapons from the cutlery drawer!

Basic etiquette for me is, if I don't like it I say nothing however if I feel it's dangerous I'll try to point this out. My opinion doesn't mean diddly squat to anyone else anyway. If I do like something then I'll make a point of telling them. It's the way I was brought up so it won't change!

I realise this has got away from the show cage question however it is perhaps important that those that question peoples negative comments realise that it is not a personal attack if they don't share the same opinion as you or perhaps don't like something you've done to your car. It is purely their own opinion.

Oh and if you feel it is a personal attack then hit the 'report post' button that is below the time it was posted and beside the quote button and the Team will deal with it.

So I'm off to fit my Ibherdesign kit to my zed with 7 x 17 et 40 wheels with nankang tyres. :wave:

Bullet had it right with his 'live and let live post' to be honest.

That was before he started wielding weapons from the cutlery drawer!

Basic etiquette for me is, if I don't like it I say nothing however if I feel it's dangerous I'll try to point this out. My opinion doesn't mean diddly squat to anyone else anyway. If I do like something then I'll make a point of telling them. It's the way I was brought up so it won't change!

I realise this has got away from the show cage question however it is perhaps important that those that question peoples negative comments realise that it is not a personal attack if they don't share the same opinion as you or perhaps don't like something you've done to your car. It is purely their own opinion.

Oh and if you feel it is a personal attack then hit the 'report post' button that is below the time it was posted and beside the quote button and the Team will deal with it.

So I'm off to fit my Ibherdesign kit to my zed with 7 x 17 et 40 wheels with nankang tyres. :wave:

:boxing:

Hahaha, what the hell is happening here? Made me laugh on this crappy Monday morning :lol:

Think its the case of "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks" To quote Mr Harry Callaghan :)

:lol::lol: Am liking that quote............Now if you'd posted something like that to me last week Mark - I would never have spat the :dummy:

These threads about mods always make me laugh - what a load of macho posturing :wacko:

I would never dream of slating someone's car or their chosen mods - their opinions yes - but never their car ;)

:lol:

really Vik's is that the honest truth :lol:

let me draw your attention to exibit A, as the the court will notice, the OP has commented on the car: The thread about the white VS kit with the black wheels. where you asked if it was anyone from here, before slatting the car (i can't be arsed to dig a link up for the thread :lol: )

;)

Hahaha, what the hell is happening here? Made me laugh on this crappy Monday morning :lol:

Think its the case of "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks" To quote Mr Harry Callaghan :)

:lol::lol: Am liking that quote............Now if you'd posted something like that to me last week Mark - I would never have spat the :dummy:

These threads about mods always make me laugh - what a load of macho posturing :wacko:

I would never dream of slating someone's car or their chosen mods - their opinions yes - but never their car ;)

:lol:

really Vik's is that the honest truth :lol:

let me draw your attention to exibit A, as the the court will notice, the OP has commented on the car: The thread about the white VS kit with the black wheels. where you asked if it was anyone from here, before slatting the car (i can't be arsed to dig a link up for the thread :lol: )

;)

:lol::lol:

Moi?!

Actually I think you'll find I just flagged it up for the ridiculous price :headhurt: and then sat back and watched the fun unfold ;)

You know what, fork'em!

Fork all those on their high horse bullshit talking w@nkers.

Fork them who are so rigid and think that a man cannot change his opinion sometimes.

Fork those who are high riding "Oh, it's gotta be a 'proper' rollcage" but would never fit one anyways.

Fork those who think a ECU reflash should carry a power increase.

Fork those who have an opinion on every forking thing.

Fork you all and you can suck the creamy smelly sh!t from my ass.

There's no place for this sort of post on this forum. :dry:

+1 as funny as it normally is when it's that time of the month and BM has his man period I think there's a fine line between expressing a personal opinion and being abusive and the above is well beyond that line and shouldn't exist on this forum IMO :thumbdown:

Back on subject , Show Cages are fine and serve their purpose in purely show cars , any other time they are potentially dangerous and more of a hazard than anything else.

You know what, fork'em!

Fork them who are so rigid and think that a man cannot change his opinion sometimes.

Fork those who are high riding "Oh, it's gotta be a 'proper' rollcage" but would never fit one anyways.

+1 as funny as it normally is when it's that time of the month and BM has his man period I think there's a fine line between expressing a personal opinion and being abusive and the above is well beyond that line and shouldn't exist on this forum IMO :thumbdown:

Back on subject , Show Cages are fine and serve their purpose in purely show cars , any other time they are potentially dangerous and more of a hazard than anything else.

Who was he abusing? Was that directed at anyone on perticular?

You know what, fork'em!

Who was he abusing? Was that directed at anyone on perticular?

No, it was generally abusive and the re-spelling of the swear words does not make it any less offensive. Are you suggesting this is acceptable, Mark? Would you allow it on your site, where far less abusive posts are moderated away?