A little trip to Abbey... Update P3

3FIDDYZ

Good work Mark and Mark and all at Abbey :thumbs: Thanks for putting up your graphs.

Nice figures and very well thought out comparison with dyno figures to boot! surprise it did not make more with manifolds on :scare: but as you rightly put it you are happy with the headline and most importantly the responsiveness of the beast in its present state B)

I will see how this compares with My Utec tune with similar mods bar the manifolds! This are exciting times and we are just scrathing at the surface yet, but things will move on very quickly as we get more cars in with different mods and we truly appreciate what works or not rather follow the yanks ;)

Mods we need an area just to host graphs and list of mods for quick reference ;)

Good work Mark and Mark and all at Abbey :thumbs: Thanks for putting up your graphs.

Nice figures and very well thought out comparison with dyno figures to boot! surprise it did not make more with manifolds on :scare: but as you rightly put it you are happy with the headline and most importantly the responsiveness of the beast in its present state B)

I will see how this compares with My Utec tune with similar mods bar the manifolds! This are exciting times and we are just scrathing at the surface yet, but things will move on very quickly as we get more cars in with different mods and we truly appreciate what works or not rather follow the yanks ;)

Mods we need an area just to host graphs and list of mods for quick reference ;)

Sooo what did you think it would do with manifolds?

I also think that we cant get much more different to what they have done in america and if we did we would be reinventing the wheel.... As they have had the cars for longer and they have spent a developing countrys GDP on tuning I dont think there is another way... And its also been tried over here... jsut cause the numbers arnt on the forums dont think others havnt done it! Think you may find that the UK arnt that far behind the US in car tuning ;)

And remember, their HP is different to our HP... Their calculations give bigger numbers! So what indication have you been given with the revup then? And whos doing it?

I think it proves what has been said all along. Manifolds on n/a zeds are not worth the time, effort and money for the little gains that you get.

I only went with them due to future plans & I got them at a rediculous price B)

I think it proves what has been said all along. Manifolds on n/a zeds are not worth the time, effort and money for the little gains that you get.

Not quite.... they did help me to get to the 26x area... Original numbers 2 years ago with a typhoon and spacer was 239hp and 214ft lbs at the wheels...

Not quite.... they did help me to get to the 26x area... Original numbers 2 years ago with a typhoon and spacer was 239hp and 214ft lbs at the wheels...

Yeah but the gains you got for the cost & install costs IMO is not great ;)

I also think that we cant get much more different to what they have done in america and if we did we would be reinventing the wheel.... As they have had the cars for longer and they have spent a developing countrys GDP on tuning I dont think there is another way... And its also been tried over here... jsut cause the numbers arnt on the forums dont think others havnt done it! Think you may find that the UK arnt that far behind the US in car tuning ;)

And remember, their HP is different to our HP... Their calculations give bigger numbers! So what indication have you been given with the revup then? And whos doing it?

I think we are Ok in terms of tuning :thumbs: i was specifically mentioning that we had not made enough inroads the zed tuning and things were goping to be exciting for us here finding out stuff rather than just because some one accross the pond says so ;)

i have not been given any figures so no expectations :teeth: Just looking for response low down and mid and smooth all the way to the top B) but from their experience +300FWHP is likely. They being Thor racing in kenilworth - Utec tuners in UK :yahoo:

Have you thought of cams? i think that's the only place left for you baby to go in NA guise unless you dare consider looking at strokers which is too much for what you get!

Still waiting to hear when i'm getting the gasket..........................heat soak kills :scare:

I think we are Ok in terms of tuning :thumbs: i was specifically mentioning that we had not made enough inroads the zed tuning and things were goping to be exciting for us here finding out stuff rather than just because some one accross the pond says so ;)

i have not been given any figures so no expectations :teeth: Just looking for response low down and mid and smooth all the way to the top B) but from their experience +300FWHP is likely. They being Thor racing in kenilworth - Utec tuners in UK :yahoo:

Have you thought of cams? i think that's the only place left for you baby to go in NA guise unless you dare consider looking at strokers which is too much for what you get!

Still waiting to hear when i'm getting the gasket..........................heat soak kills :scare:

Adams Zed is probably one of the best NAs out there. Have a look (and listen :cloud9: ) to it to see what can be done.

My thoughts;

1, you cant compare cars run on different dyno,s (been spoke about before) even running a car in a different gear will make a difference, also running the car over a different run time will make a difference as well.

All the 350Z dyno runs we do are in the same gear and over the same time.

2, US boys use SAE compensation agaisnt DIN what we use this gives a different figure.

3, please get the top end figure out of your head AREA under the graph is what counts, also the Z drivabilty is enhanced when tuned you cant see this on a dyno sheet car needs to be driven. I have not had a bad word from anyone that we have tuned so far.

4, The mods we are doing on the cars are never going to find big BHP , the car from Nissan is pretty spot on , cars now days are well developed from the factory so unless it is F/I and we can wind some more boost into the car we are only going to make small increases.

5, the cars need 4 or 5 runs to settle down with regards self learn after any ECU tweaks.

6, any mods we find on a stand alone will have to work against the self learn on the STD ecu.

7, normally if you have a CEL on it will put the car ca ronto the high DET ingnition map so knocking the BHP back.

8, fitting cams in my eyes are only going to lose mid range torque , the limiting factory on the DE engines (276 bhp) to allow you to rev the motor is the valve spring retainers , these over 6800 rpm tend to pull over the valve collets and make a huge mess :thumbdown:

I feel if you want more BHP from a NA car , you either need to increase CC or if staying with Stock CC , you will need to increase compression ratio to enable the dynamic compression ratio to stay the same after fitting cams , mods to the valve train maybe some rods and pistons, then I say we maybe able to find 330/340 bhp flywheel , but you can get this by blowing the motor S/Cing is the way to go in my eyes thou.

any more questions fire away.

Mark

Just a couple of findings after about 400 miles since having the Uprev remap..

Firstly MPG... Gone from 22.6 to 28.7. Sames drives that include spirited country lanes, start / stop towns and M25 and more flowing M4. Got a few more miles to do this week so will keep this updated if things change.. So looks like the fuel saving will more than cover the cost of tuning very quickly (Think Andymc found the same)

AFR

As I have a Camp2 installed I can also see in real time what figuers the car is putting out and I have 2 areas called "Learn" and "Correct" Both are to do with the AFR of the car. Before these numbers did move about a bit under load and at idle, going from + to - numbers. Now there is only learn (will check to confirm its learn and not correct!) figuers that fluctute at about +15 at idle, I am guessing that this is down to the car running with fuel going in but not as much air is being sucked in.

Once under load they both stay at about 0.00 but with a little flicker at 2750 (I do have a little dip on the dyno at about this rev range). Please correct me if I am wrong but if the ECU isnt learning or correcting given the numbers are at 0.00 then this means that the fule and the air are spot on...

Throttle responce

Burrrrrrrrrrilliant, far chrisper, far more responsive and again from the camp2 I have finally seen 100% Throttle open! Injector graph on the CAMP2 is also smooth when reviewing a run from dead stop.

Unfortunatly I am not that up in tuning and am learning so the other numbers on the camp2 mean very little, but if anyone is interested in numbers that are on the CAMP2 currently ie temps, throttle, airflow etc etc, please let me know and I can find out for you.

Morning all , I see people are starting to understand what we get up to with the tuning of the Z,s

with the Uprev system

I think a trip to Abbey might be on the cards for me next year, not looking for increase in BHP, just want the 100% throttle and driveability

We are now up to speed with the JDM cars , we can remove the 180 KMH limiter when we remap the cars.

I dont have any base maps yet fo rthe JDM cars as my car has a few parts bolted to it , but it wont take long to map the JDM cars as we can live map these.

Same price as before £345-00 inc vat

Mark

Morning all , I see people are starting to understand what we get up to with the tuning of the Z,s

with the Uprev system

I think a trip to Abbey might be on the cards for me next year, not looking for increase in BHP, just want the 100% throttle and driveability

We are now up to speed with the JDM cars , we can remove the 180 KMH limiter when we remap the cars.

I dont have any base maps yet fo rthe JDM cars as my car has a few parts bolted to it , but it wont take long to map the JDM cars as we can live map these.

Same price as before £345-00 inc vat

Mark

I got a UK model, what I meant was 100% throttle under the pedal as opposed to the 85% max from the factory.

soon as im done wiht mods then il be down too.

tbh the top end is reall ynot going to get used alot less a)dont liek your licence much or B) spend alot of time on the track.

i mean 4th maxed is wayy over the speed limit so if your using your peak power then your heading for lost licence or forgot we have a 6 speed box :drive1

(edit to make sense , seem to be making alot of nonsense posts)

soon as im done wiht mods then il be down too.

tbh the top end is reall ynot going to get used alot less a)dont liek your licence much or B) spend alot of time on the track.

i mean 4th maxed is wayy over the speed limit so if your using your peak power then your heading for lost licence or forgot we have speed :drive1

+1 just after xmas seems a good time for me :D