best protection best shine

snooks

Hi there from a fellow blade silver owner.

It all depends how far you want to go to be honest.

AutoGlym (AG) is pretty good stuff and if you don't want more than just a regular clean, then nothing more will be needed.

What I and others may suggest is that you use the "Two Bucket Method" for washing, unless you do that already.

A few of us, including myself use snowfoam and other wonderous products for cleaning.

You could look into using a claybar twice a year, regular polish and waxing, to keep the shine tip top.

Used to use Autoglym HD wax, but now moved to Dodo Juice White lightning (better for lighter cars) and then use dodo juice redmist as its gives great beading and protection as its is a sealent as well as a quick detailer...

You cant put the redmist on till about 24 hours after waxing as the wax needs to set!

Speak to Andy from Kudos (Andy on here) for prices :thumbs:

cheers for all the info :thumbs:

Used to use Autoglym HD wax, but now moved to Dodo Juice White lightning (better for lighter cars) and then use dodo juice redmist as its gives great beading and protection as its is a sealent as well as a quick detailer...

You cant put the redmist on till about 24 hours after waxing as the wax needs to set!

thanks for your help :thumbs:

Im a blade

Auto Glym Wax is very good approx £40 a tub

Best stuff IMO is Swissvax, google it, its a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. They do starter kits with a booklet telling you how to get the best results.

:thumbs:

thx 4 all the info :thumbs:

Hi there from a fellow blade silver owner.

It all depends how far you want to go to be honest.

AutoGlym (AG) is pretty good stuff and if you don't want more than just a regular clean, then nothing more will be needed.

What I and others may suggest is that you use the "Two Bucket Method" for washing, unless you do that already.

A few of us, including myself use snowfoam and other wonderous products for cleaning.

You could look into using a claybar twice a year, regular polish and waxing, to keep the shine tip top.

thx for your advice :thumbs:

Dodo Juice Supernatural. Nicely sits between the lower Dodo waxes/AG HD and Swissvax. About £60 a tub but well worth it, better than anything else I've used for bang for buck. Lasts longer than other Dodo waxes and way longer than the likes of R222.

Andy@Kudos and Matt@i4detailing both stock it :thumbs:

Interesting that everyone has focussed on the least hard wearing stuff! Almost all mentioned so far focus on finishes. For long term protection something like a jetSEAL 109, AG Ultra Gloss Protection or Collinite hard wax will work wonders. All of which you can add the soft waxes mentioned above on top off. :)

Interesting that everyone has focussed on the least hard wearing stuff! Almost all mentioned so far focus on finishes. For long term protection something like a jetSEAL 109, AG Ultra Gloss Protection or Collinite hard wax will work wonders. All of which you can add the soft waxes mentioned above on top off. :)

I find a good few coats of DD SN matches the longevity of AG EGP. Havent tried Colleinite, but beleive it to be the hardest wearing stuff known to deatilers :lol: If you want maximum longevity, go with Collenite :)

I find a good few coats of DD SN matches the longevity of AG EGP. Havent tried Colleinite, but beleive it to be the hardest wearing stuff known to deatilers :lol: If you want maximum longevity, go with Collenite :)

Not used DD SN for long enough to say but I'd find it hard to see how it can last as long as AG EGP - that stuff lasts forever even with plenty of washes! That said, I'd say the longest lasting of the lot of those is the jetSEAL. The Zed still comes up a treat with it and is lauded by many on DW. :)

Not used DD SN for long enough to say but I'd find it hard to see how it can last as long as AG EGP - that stuff lasts forever even with plenty of washes! That said, I'd say the longest lasting of the lot of those is the jetSEAL. The Zed still comes up a treat with it and is lauded by many on DW. :)

Maybe its just because AG EGP doesnt bead as nicely as DD I assumed it had worn off. Beading is usually the only way you can tell wax is still on there and working, so I guess i assumed the EGP was dead, but maybe it was not :shrug:

Maybe its just because AG EGP doesnt bead as nicely as DD I assumed it had worn off. Beading is usually the only way you can tell wax is still on there and working, so I guess i assumed the EGP was dead, but maybe it was not :shrug:

Try the red mist... never seen anything bead like it...

• 1 month later...

i'm a blade silver driver, i used to use megs 3 part clean system with their carnuba wax. it was really good for the money. have just upgraded to Dodo juice supernatural as i had it recommended for me by envy valeting. and also use the redmist. like fiddy says its awesome stuff and so easy to put on.

dodo supernatural can be bought in tester pots for about £10 they may look tiny but should do the car 7 times over. i've used it twice on my car and it hardly looks like its been touched.

I got a question,whats snowfoam?lol

At the minute im using Megs nxt gen to wash it, gotta admit ive used my dodo juice orange crush that i used twice on my resprayed fto on the white zed & it makes it uber shiny & smooth.Also used the red mist aswell when i couldnt be arsed :lol:

no one use FK1000P? Also if red mist is a sealer than should you use it over wax? Wax is on top of sealent usuallty as wax needs to breathe.

ChrisS supernatural is a great wax and lasts long and gives you wicked shine. Collenite gives you good shine and great longetivty. But supernatural is 2times the price.