Needing advice on Manual or Auto

Hi

I purchased 350z with a triptonic transmission for the sole fact that I drive quite abit in London and the auto is great for that, you dont move very far and fast and with all the stopping and starting in the city and the auto is great for that. Once you are outside of the city on the motorway, you can always switch to the additional method of the manual which overrides the auto shift changes. For me personally this is the best of both worlds, but other people here swear by manuals only.

I was always a die hard manual until I had an automatic courtsey car for about 6 weeks (Honda Legend) and realised that if the auto is a decent box and has manual override then it's actually not too bad! I did drive a few tiptronic Z's before setting on a manual and thought it was a decent autobox so if you prefer auto then go for it!

Welcome by the way!

Welcome Dr Greenthumb...

As Stan said, i've got flappy paddles on my auto which makes quite a difference... much more fun.

I cant fault the autobox though, it feels perfect and makes town driving a pleasure, and then when you want to let loose on a twisty B road, the tiptronic mode is spot on. :thumbs:

That said... now im getting into drifting, im starting to consider selling mine to get a manual, so i can drift it with a bit more control (using skill rather than just the power of the car).

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys. I am now not scared of buying an auto.

I am hoping to pick one up next week... :D And it is because of the easy driving and not having to mess about with gear changing that im looking for.. must be gettin old :-( Ill post up pics as soon as I get one..

Welcome to the forum. One major bonus with the Tiptonic box you don't have to deal with worn clutches etc that manuals do. Even with all the probably many 10k's of posts I've read, here and elsewhere, even on my350z, you very, very rarely hear of the an auto box failing.

Well i had the pleasure of putting both the auto and manual 370z's through its paces yesterday, and have to say i love the tiptronic box. Its good to see that its now an option on UK cars, as i would of bought an auto 350z had it not been for the fact they were only available on the imports, which i didn't want.

As for the arguement that its a sports car and you should have manual, well all the high end super cars come with autos so i don't see the problem. :p

thanks again guys. #i think an auto is definitely for me.. Im not a drifter...anymore..

Used to have an s15 few years back which was good fun but as it had no traction control it was a bit scary..backend used to come out to play whenever it was wet and u applied power. I just want a good looking reliable daily driver

thanks again guys. #i think an auto is definitely for me.. Im not a drifter...anymore..

Used to have an s15 few years back which was good fun but as it had no traction control it was a bit scary..backend used to come out to play whenever it was wet and u applied power. I just want a good looking reliable daily driver

S15 :cloud9:

yeah it was a coool machine or as my missus used to calll it that "Crazy Bitch Sylvia"... She drove it a few time times and although loved the look of it she said it was just too scary to drive as the back end snapped out of line without tryin.. (bearing in mind my missus is a petrol head too and used to drive a S2G at that time) ermmm... I hope the 350z doesnt snap out so easily ? ? ?