Hello

Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking at moving up to a 350z and have joined to find out as much as I can about them before taking the plunge.

I had a original Impreza Turbo about 8 years ago, and loved it for it's acceleration and grip. Didn't like it for it's thirstyness, service intervals and general running costs. When I bought my first house I sold the car 6 months later as couldn't afford both at the time.

A few cars in between, I moved on to a 05 reg Civic Type R. I've had that for 4 years now, and it is the best all round car I have ever owned. Personally, I don't think much else can get near it for value for money smiles per mile. It's pretty quick, reliable as anything, cheap to run, economical, practical, great really.

However, I'm now getting itchy feet, and can afford something a bit nicer. What I'm after is something that is quicker than the Type R, looks a bit less "boy racery", but won't cost the earth to run. I'm hoping the 350z is it!

Look forward to chatting to everyone.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome along :thumbs:

I've had a couple of Scoobys in the past and I think its fair to say the running costs are going to be about the same with a ZED. I thoroughly enjoyed the Scoobys but now having had two ZEDs I have to say the driving experience is so more rewarding - lets face it the 4-wheel drive does so much for you whereas planting 300bhp out through just the rear wheels takes more driver driver involvement but once you get the feel of the car's limits the :D factor means you just want to go out and enjoy it all the time. But do be wary in the wet after the Scooby and the Civic until you know the limits - but I promise you, you will not be disappointed ;)

However, I'm now getting itchy feet, and can afford something a bit nicer. What I'm after is something that is quicker than the Type R, looks a bit less "boy racery", but won't cost the earth to run. I'm hoping the 350z is it!

And being a RWD. :drive1:drive1 Oh, welcome by the way. :thumbs:

Thanks for all the replies guys. This seems like a very friendly forum :)

I do about 8-9k a year now, so hoping that running costs might be a bit lower than the Impreza? Hopefully that will work out at only one service a year, and the front tyres should last longer than they did on the Subaru..

That's the logic I'm using to get it past my wife anyway!

That's the logic I'm using to get it past my wife anyway!

Take her for a drive once you get a Zed. If she likes cars in the slightest, she'll probably enjoy the Zed. Only downside is you might have to fight for the keys then. :lol::lol:

+1

my mrs loves it and now want to drive it all the time. shes a keeper!! oh, might keep the mrs too!! ;)