Crashed my Zed last night!!!

BRO-T

Totally Devastated guys and girls!!! I’m ok though, no damage done to myself!

I was coming off an island onto a dual carriage way. I was in the middle lane of the island heading to the outside lane of the carriageway. Car on my inside cut across me straight into the outside lane. I hit the brakes and steered the car inwards to avoid him, resulting in me being going into a spin and smashing into the curb. I was so lucky, could of hit a bollard and a crossing light, or a bus stop. Luckily I hit the curb in between the 2 obstacles!!!

Rear drivers wheel took the full impact, doesn't look good though!! Bastard drove off without stopping to give details!!!

Can’t really say how much damage was done but the back wheel is shot and angled downwards. Lower arm is intact and it looks like the hub is broken. Its with the insurance company now!

I’m preparing myself for the worse!!!

Bad luck mate, if he didn't look in the mirror before swooping out in front of you, he probably didn't look and see the fallout either.

On day someone will bang into him and he will still believe it wasn't his fault - some people are just like that.

It's a real pain but that is what we buy insurance for. It will soon be fixed and you will be back on the road. First priority now is to try to negotiate a decent runabout whilst you car is being fixed!

By the way, I take it no-one else stopped and checked you were ok and gave you his number - that is the really bad bit, I know I would have :dry:

Sorry to hear about this mate - from somebody who was rear ended yesterday! Mine doesn't sound anywhere near as serious as yours. Hope it gets sorted quickly and painlessly.

I agree with the comments about people not understanding roundabouts. I could easily have had another prang this morning when someone to my right pulled out when I was going straight over a mini roundabout. I say pulled out, but she didn't even slow down and look, she just carried on. Makes me really angry, people like that push insurance premiums for the rest of us.

I genuinely believe the driving test should be much harder. It would help cut down on the amount of idiots on the road. People need to realsie that driving is a privilege, not a right!

Rant over :blush:

Unlucky.... hope its repairable

Sounds like either they didn't look before pulling out or you were in their blind spot. Either way, they weren't aware of what's going on around them!

I get so annoyed by people with poor lane discipline, especially when they straight-line roundabouts when you're in the second lane and cut you up!

Bugger...

Did you reported it to the police? Its an outside chance that they will do anything and as he didnt actually hit you its dubious if they would consider it but driving away from the scene of an accident is an offence, it cant hurt to ask.