heel+toe

stichy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, fair point, i only notice it helps when you going from 100+ to about 60ish into a corner maybe 5th into 3rd and turning, car feels very unbalanced without matching the revs

i would say thats a pretty good point.

i tend to do it more as a comfort thing tbh its rewarding when you get a lovely smooth down shift.

btw i have images of an aygo braking from 100 to 60 in a corner :lol:

husky, as standard i struggle in the zed and have a similar position to Mick43 in that unless im on track and braking very heavily the accelerator is set much further back than the brake

Adjust the hight of the brake pedal then. Its slightly fiddly, but pretty easy to do. See the service manual.

As for heel-toe in the Zed, I find you do have to twist your foot quite a bit, and the Nismo pedal definately helps. I never found it a problem to do before the Nismo pedal, but its definately easier now with it.

I can do it ok but need to turn my foot pretty far, doesn't help i'm only rocking size 7's :lol:

R

:lol: small feet small... :p

Steps? Toes? Flip-flops? I dunno what you mean Husky? care to elaborate?

I may have small feet but it will still hurt when i boot you in the boll*x

:lol:

R

I can do it ok but need to turn my foot pretty far, doesn't help i'm only rocking size 7's :lol:

R

Hey thats no excuse, I'm a size 8! And remember this is a Jap car, and they arent the biggest people in the world :lol:

Just need loads of practice. More important when you get a lightweight flywheel too but does get easier :thumbs:

You don't have to turn your heel, just roll your foot over between the two pedals. Is much easier with the Nismo pedal though, I must admit.

I use the technique on every gear change if possible, is far more sympathetic on the clutch and box if done correctly.

right i had a check.

i press the brake mostly with my big toe while pressing the throttle with the outside of the ball of my foot (pinky toe joint). my foot is rotated a bit but not uncomfortably so.

wide feet size 9/10 i suppose helps. looking at it i would have never thought they were so far apart it doesnt feel that bad :shrug:

I must admit my right ankle needs warming up....once warm i v got no probs....mind you i like wide shoes and i am a 10 and a half...so i just slide my foot to the right a bit...

if i proper heel toe then my braking doesnt feel even....i suppose a different pedal would help...

but then again i quite like the fact that on every day driving i never accidentally hit the brakes while accelerating.... :)

Dont brake... B)

Never had to drive that with my Z to be honest (take it 'handy'), suposse it would be needed if you track it and want to push her further. (kinda like a V-twin on the track, blipping the throttle) I saw that the 370z has this blip built in! I think I'd have a hard time concentrating on driving and trying to keep the revs perfect while downshifting. Maybe practice make perfect? Must ask the Haltech crew if there is any plans to make this as a firmware upgrade for their ECU :bounce:

Not sure if there are any 'slipper clutches' for the Z?

Taken from: http://www.hptmotorsports.com/spec_clut ... evo_89.php

STAGE 5 (Unsprung Iron Disc Clutch Kit)

For extremely modified drag race and pulling engines, or applications that call for a slipper clutch/progressive torque-induced engagement. These clutches are best ordered as custom configured and should be ordered after providing specific information about the car and it's purpose to a SPEC technical assistant. Not street-friendly due to harsh engagement. Includes high-clamp pressure plate, rigid iron disc assembly, bearing and alignment tool. Call before ordering to give vehicle specifications.

NOTE: This kit does not include an aligment tool.

OFFROAD USE ONLY, NOT RECCOMENDED AT ALL (Special Order w/ NO Returns)

PART# SU205

Dont brake... B)

Never had to drive that with my Z to be honest (take it 'handy'), suposse it would be needed if you track it and want to push her further. (kinda like a V-twin on the track, blipping the throttle) I saw that the 370z has this blip built in! I think I'd have a hard time concentrating on driving and trying to keep the revs perfect while downshifting. Maybe practice make perfect? Must ask the Haltech crew if there is any plans to make this as a firmware upgrade for their ECU :bounce:

For extremely modified drag race and pulling engines, or applications that call for a slipper clutch/progressive torque-induced engagement. These clutches are best ordered as custom configured and should be ordered after providing specific information about the car and it's purpose to a SPEC technical assistant. Not street-friendly due to harsh engagement. Includes high-clamp pressure plate, rigid iron disc assembly, bearing and alignment tool. Call before ordering to give vehicle specifications.

PART# SU205

Man i love your style!!!!!! :thumbs::teeth:

Dont brake... B)

PART# SU205

Man i love your style!!!!!! :thumbs::teeth:

:lol:

I find my brake pedal is a good bit higher than the accelerator so i suppose it makes it a wee bit more difficult.

R

this is the problem i have

See the service manual chaps, its easily fixed. Knock back the retaining nut, adjust the threaded rod to desired hight, lock nut back in place and off you go. I had this problem a while back and adjusted the brake hight no probs and heel toe is a goer now.

Practice does make perfect too. I didnt used to do it much, but do it all the time now, it reduces the stress on the clutch and syncho mesh no end. Maybe why my stock clutch lasted to 76k!

Not sure a slipper clutch would work on a car really. For bikes, sure its all good as rev matching on them is harder and its easier to lock the rear. But on a car it would just mean no engine braking! :surrender: