Get Flocked, 1/2 way there.

srobrien

depends on how much you want done, i usually just send pics and then i get a quote, its cost me around £160 so far which includes all that you see in the pics and also the door sills. It would have been a good bit less if i didn't live so far away from them and needed to post all the bits back/forth.

R

Looks good. What about getting an aftermarket sub grill and installing that once the rest of the panel has been flocked?

Hmm never thought about that, not confident about butchering panels though, may be a job for my local ICE centre.

R

Maybe get a spare panel and have a play? Loving the overall effect though, so much nicer than the standard plastics!!

Looks good. What about getting an aftermarket sub grill and installing that once the rest of the panel has been flocked?

Hmm never thought about that, not confident about butchering panels though, may be a job for my local ICE centre.

R

Maybe get a spare panel and have a play? Loving the overall effect though, so much nicer than the standard plastics!!

It is lovely stuff, worried about scratches though as im not sure how durable it is. Just gonna have to be careful.

R

It is lovely stuff, worried about scratches though as im not sure how durable it is. Just gonna have to be careful.

R

If its done right it should be far far more durable than Nissan plastic finish!!

To be honest, if it's done badly it will still be more durable than the Nissan plastic finish ;)

Looks great, by the way - very impressed B)

To be honest, if it's done badly it will still be more durable than the Nissan plastic finish ;)

Looks great, by the way - very impressed B)

Yeah fair point! I have heard of bad ones where the flock isnt stuck properly and can come out quite easily though :headhurt:

Looks like a good job in this case :thumbs:

Very nice!! A very good look :#1:

With the sub, i'd lose the cover, use spacers to bring the sub forward and fill the gap between, the flock it so it sits flush with the sub. If thats possible that is.

Congrats on the job so far tho mate, and for such a good price!!

Muttley

I think all the circular parts pop out, so you should be able to get them all trimmed with acoustically transparent material. Wont match the flock, but will look better than plastic ;)

I had a good look at it when it was out and tried to prise it out but im pretty sure its all one piece, i may give them a ring and see if they can mask off areas when they are doing it, maybe another option.

R

• 1 month later...

Why dont you just flock over the top of the sub panel? The sound from the sub isnt reliant on it being directional or free to breath if you know what I mean.

If you are concerned though im sure the guys doing the work could flock over the top but make a few cut outs in the flock.

If its cosmetics that interst you more then flock over the top and then cut out the flock around the speaker grill itself and then go and buy a Kicker sub grill and mount that in place. - These can be painted to match anything you like.

Just my 2 cents worth - it looks awesome mate and im sure youve thought of all this!

Why dont you just flock over the top of the sub panel? The sound from the sub isnt reliant on it being directional or free to breath if you know what I mean.

If you are concerned though im sure the guys doing the work could flock over the top but make a few cut outs in the flock.

If its cosmetics that interst you more then flock over the top and then cut out the flock around the speaker grill itself and then go and buy a Kicker sub grill and mount that in place. - These can be painted to match anything you like.

Just my 2 cents worth - it looks awesome mate and im sure youve thought of all this!

Thanks, yeah I will probably just go over the top of it. Flocking is on hold just now until i do a few more external bits.

R