Hope I haven't made a mistake...

SwissZ

Traded the Z in for a fully loaded Infiniti G37 convertible in black last weekend.

The barstewards left one parked on the street in front of the dealership last week and it kinda caught my eye. Took it for a test drive on Saturday and ended up buying it. Was holding out for the 370 convertible but I've been looking at the coupe and for me, it just doesn't have that 'I've got to have that' appeal the 350z and now this Infiniti had on me.

Still, it's got a bit of the 370 in it... namely the engine, but strangely only with 320PS. Need to find out where the extra horseys went! It's a fair bit quicker (don't buy a used LHD white one! might be the one I test drove :teeth: ) than my 05 Z and the interior/multimedia system are something else.

Won't be getting it until probably Jan because they don't have the black, manual, GT premium spec I want on stock here so it's got to be built in Japan and shipped. :wacko:

Just hope I'm going to get as much fun out of it as I've had with the Z :byebye:

Please tell me I haven't made a mistake! And if you think I have, don't tell me as it's a bit late now :lol:

Cheers

Mark

Wow freaky I spent a while on the Infiniti site just this afternoon - we've got our first dealer in the UK down in Reading (finally) and there's several more planned for 2010 (including Glasgow :clap: )

Here's link to convertible Irfan http://www.infiniti.co.uk/g37_convertible.html

I was drooling over the coupe

and their concept car http://www.infiniti.co.uk/aboutinfiniti/future_vehicles/future_vehicle2.html :cloud9:

Reading dealer has been open almost a month and surprised there's been no mention on here!

Stopped in a couple of weeks ago for a nose around... Despite being in dirty jeans and t-shirt a sales guy was happy to talk and even offering a test-drive. But don't go expecting to drive a manual version of any model because they only have autos.

G37 looks better in real life and interior is definitely a step up from regular Nissans. Headroom is a bit tight in the Coupe though because of a standard-fit sunroof. Heavy beast as well at over 1,700kg... Convertible is getting on for 2 tonnes! (1,888kg)

Coupe prices are not much more the the 370Z but the convertible starts at £39k so I can't see them selling many here :scare:

Traded the Z in for a fully loaded Infiniti G37 convertible in black last weekend.

The barstewards left one parked on the street in front of the dealership last week and it kinda caught my eye. Took it for a test drive on Saturday and ended up buying it. Was holding out for the 370 convertible but I've been looking at the coupe and for me, it just doesn't have that 'I've got to have that' appeal the 350z and now this Infiniti had on me.

Still, it's got a bit of the 370 in it... namely the engine, but strangely only with 320PS. Need to find out where the extra horseys went! It's a fair bit quicker (don't buy a used LHD white one! might be the one I test drove :teeth: ) than my 05 Z and the interior/multimedia system are something else.

Won't be getting it until probably Jan because they don't have the black, manual, GT premium spec I want on stock here so it's got to be built in Japan and shipped. :wacko:

Just hope I'm going to get as much fun out of it as I've had with the Z :byebye:

Please tell me I haven't made a mistake! And if you think I have, don't tell me as it's a bit late now :lol:

Cheers

Mark

No way matey you have not made a mistake - I am seriously considering them in a few years time - when baby Zee has grewn up a bit? B) Just waiting on them to turn up in the UK :D

I saw a couple of examples at Nissan Rickmansworth a couple of months ago when they were displaying the 370 pre-release, lovely looking car, much better than the G35 imo.

Really don't think you've made a mistake mate :thumbs:

Well, you've help put my mind at rest!

I know I like the car, pushes all the right buttons etc but everytime I look at the Z now I can't help wishing I could have them both. :blush:

Gonna be a drag waiting until Jan to pick her up. Though, the sales guy did say I could call anytime and take out their demo.... Might live to regret that! :teeth: