Ok so Iphone is it worth getting now?

stanski

I've held off from getting an Iphone due to the initial issues with them and the extortionate prices and the fact that everyone you meet with one - bores you to tears how wonderful the games are on them. :yawn:

'Hey I want to scratch my ar** ... is there an app for that!' :lol:

I am not 12 and interested in games for it but at least it has proper Satnav now does'nt it and is'nt it suppose to be much quicker?

My contract has finished now and the Omnia upgrade I was considering actually works out dearer than the new Iphone and O2 seem to be providing better rates than my old provider so I am seriously considering it?

My only gripe would be - realistically what is the battery life - any better?

My omnia battery may warm my hands but its pretty good, last for ages?

So Iphone gurus' what do you think should I hang on for Orange to release it or just go for O2? :dummy:

Thank ye kindly

Orange have just annouced they will be prviding the iphone soon....

Don't know when soon is though.

Hopefully soon to help knock the package price down. :teeth:

Am looking to get a 3gs Stan :thumbs: - I believe you have currently have it from o2 with Tom Tom as a £60 add-on.

Am looking to get a 3gs Stan :thumbs: - I believe you have currently have it from o2 with Tom Tom as a £60 add-on.

The gps package that comes as standard is good enough Colin. Ryan as one. ;)

We got it the other week from the Apple store in Manchester. Purchased the phone and got the pay as you go 02 sim from instore, this activates the first 12 months of internet access for free. He had the gps on in the car as we drove home was very impressive.

There was an app for you Colin. Not as fast as Beavis at driving a zed? There is an app for that :lol:

Wow - what a quick response! :D

Well ok then looks like I shall get one its just if I should wait for Orange (whom I am with now) and see if prices drop or just go for it and get it on O2?

Top priority though has to be excellent web surfing - for my favourite forum and of Jobs! ;)

So what kind of battery life are we talking about? If you say dont use the t'internet or play games on it does it actually last as just ...ahem a normal phone! :headhurt:

A workable alternative is the HTC Hero. It is available on contract from Orange and is a fantastic phone. Much more techy looking than the apple monolith but with all the functionality. The apps you can get cover satnav and just about everything else you could ever want... It is my wifes and she *loves* it :)

PS the Orange version is an exclusive cool colour as well :)

I have the second gen iphone for the last 8 mths, so basically its still the 3G but doesnt have the issues that the first ones had. In terms of battery life ive heard both sides, mine will last for a full 4 days before i need to charge it. If i use the apps non stop, which im guessing you wont be, then it will still last for 2 days minimum. My friends needs charging every day however but when he first bought it he didnt charge it properly so i think thats what its down too.

The sat nav is awesome but dont go for the TomTom, theres another one called Co-Pilot which is much better, and as long as you dont mind it being on a smaller screen its pretty good.

If you want a good deal wait for Orange as it will bring both companies prices down finally. I currently have to pay £45 a month for something my friend gets at £30. :thumbdown:

I've had mine for over 18 months now, its the first version. I think its a user friendly, all rounder, with possibly the most versatility/compatability with other electrical gear. I think there are more focused phones out there that will do certain things better than the IPhone, but to be fair, I will be upgrading to the 3GS shortly. one thing to bear in mind is that you cannot let apps run in the background (not the ones I have anyhow) for instance, I stream radio alot, everytime you want to use the phone...you loose the radio!! I guess this would be the same with the nav?? also...if you intend to run your ICE with the IPhone...I doubht you could use the nav at the same time..or vise versa.

Col.

Ok thanks for the info - think I have seen the HTC phones around actually in the office - seem pretty cool.

Hmm so battery life is how you treat it? Thought those battery memory issues were ironed out with Lithium Ion batteries but I have to admit I still treat my batteries the same way as the old stuff?

I have Tom Tom on my Omnia (its not supposed to work on Omnia - but if your on the right forum you can make it work) its a great phone for a camera actually if nothing else but I fancy a change if I am honest and although windows mobile is great nad easily modded it can be a little clunky sometimes especially when you actually just want to make a call or send a text!! :blink:

Anyway its just knowing how long before Orange will pull their finger out? Not sure they will drop prices too much - think there is some behind the scenes market frigging going on with the iphone :bang:

I've bought mine off eBay from Hawaii, before they were out over here.

And, I learnt a great deal about them, hence why there is a vodafone SIM in mine :teeth:

Hey maybe you can give us a guide to Iphone modding on the forum? ;)

And, I learnt a great deal about them, hence why there is a vodafone SIM in mine :teeth:

Hey maybe you can give us a guide to Iphone modding on the forum? ;)

It's gotten alot easier actually, back in the day, you had to go thru a certain procedure to unlock them, now all you do is download a program, connect the iphone and click a button and it all gets done for you, couldn't be easier

Dont expect O2 prices to change much at all. Not that I know anything :ninja:

Might be getting one myself this weekend :yahoo:

i've still got the original iphone. got and unlocked it the day it came out!!!

been on orange with it for over 2years now i think.

getting the 3GS in jan when my orange contract come up!!

By far the best phone out there regardless of what you want to use it for.

I would second the Hero great bit of kit getting mine on upgrade next week.

i see the i-phones come in and go out of the business on a daily basis and have to say i dont really like them, just not me dont trust anything you cant take the battery out of :wacko:

Vodafone have just announced the impending arrival of the i-phone to so expect it if not by Christmas defo at the start of 2010.

Orange have confirmed that theirs should be available by november although given Oranges track record on Testing software that could well be delayed