1st post

Matt20

Hi everybody!!

I have been coming to this website for the last few weeks to check out the news and banter but also to see what cars are for sale because I am completely obsessed with the 350 and have decided that its time to get one :). I do have one question that my friends havn't been able to answer....I have seen quite alot of zeds for sale with 75k plus miles, for very reasonable prices (around the 8K mark). High milage is very common in diesels (hope I won't get told off for mentioning that word :lol:), but on this calibre of car will I see many problems?

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi everybody!!

I have been coming to this website for the last few weeks to check out the news and banter but also to see what cars are for sale because I am completely obsessed with the 350 and have decided that its time to get one :). I do have one question that my friends havn't been able to answer....I have seen quite alot of zeds for sale with 75k plus miles, for very reasonable prices (around the 8K mark). High milage is very common in diesels (hope I won't get told off for mentioning that word :lol:), but on this calibre of car will I see many problems?

Many thanks,

Matt

:welcome: to the forum Matt

The Zed engine seems a pretty tough unit so high milers should'nt be a problem as long as they have full service history at the right intervals - just about everyone on here takes care of theirs so best place to buy - keep looking and hope you find the one you want soon enough? :D

Hi and welcome to the forum. The engines are pretty bulletproof so if the history is right then I wouldnt be put off.

Let us know what sort of spec and price you are thinking of and we will happily help you out with the search. There are some great cars for sale on here at the moment and you can search their history. :)

Thanks for your comments guys, its much appreciated....

Hi and welcome to the forum. The engines are pretty bulletproof so if the history is right then I wouldnt be put off.

Let us know what sort of spec and price you are thinking of and we will happily help you out with the search. There are some great cars for sale on here at the moment and you can search their history. :)

Spec wise I am not that fussy, the main thing is that it is a 350 and had that amazing v6 under the bonnet...everythings else is a bonus :lol: Price wise I am planning on spending around 9-10k but if I can pick one up for cheaper then that would be great.

Matt

p.s does anyone know if there are many meets in the Swindon area? I wouldnt mind tagging along and having a chat with a few of the guys.

:welcome: . Remember that patience is a virtue. I spent about a year before I found the right car for me, three months of ownership and loving it. Check the Regional meet map and get along to meet some of the members. A great crowd on here who are always happy to help.

Cheers

Dave

A contented Zed owner :teeth:

My Zed has 140,000 miles.

I had the following problems:

60,000 miles: New exhaust/brake discs/clutch/flywheel

100,000 miles: I chose to fit new suspension

120,000 miles: 5th gear synchro went: new gearbox/clutch/flywheel

I had a 5th gear syncho go at 22k :scare: luckily under warranty,

Things can go wrong at anytime, obviously you need to bare in mind that these type of repairs may crop up at some point with a higher milage car

• 11 months later...

Evening all....Thought I would give a slight update on the zed situ....Didnt want to start another thread so im hijacking my first post....

Ive been sitting in the background for the last year watching the forums and ejoying the friendly banter....However with all the goings ons of the credit crunch and car sales falling (not good as I work in the car manufacturing industry!) its been a tough year for us all. So you might be thinknig why is he telling us this...well my friends over the last year I have achieved nothing in the way of saving for a zed as I came very close to losing my flat..However with working finally picking up I can start to make headway on the zed fund so watch this space. My time frame is this time next year so in the mean time i'm hoping to come along to a few of the meets (permission of choptop of course :) ) and introduce myself and start becoming a member of the family so to speak.

Hopefully see most of you very soon!

Matt