Hoon 09 feedback and 2010 ideas

Stew

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coast line further up North were you and Colin went looked really good actually - maybe as mentioned a staged outing up there and nearabouts - maybe a few stop over points on the way up there - as its a long long drive? :drive1

We went to say hi to Alex on the way back and went cross country from FA to the A9 for Perth - cant remember the name of the road (will find it) but it was fantastic - scenery was superb! Wonder if we could maybe incorporate that as a stage in the run up North? :)

Ok its the A82 heading to Fort William from Fort Augustus then across country to the A86 then turn to the A889 which eventually joins the A9 - past the Dalwhinne distillery ;)

Here are some customers we saw waiting for a wee dram ! :lol:

The coast line further up North were you and Colin went looked really good actually - maybe as mentioned a staged outing up there and nearabouts - maybe a few stop over points on the way up there - as its a long long drive? :drive1

We went to say hi to Alex on the way back and went cross country from FA to the A9 for Perth - cant remember the name of the road (will find it) but it was fantastic - scenery was superb! Wonder if we could maybe incorporate that as a stage in the run up North? :)

Done that road myself as it's one way home for me. Fun!

name badges ;):teeth:

EDIT: suppose you can get those lovely jackets with names ;)

Buy a jacket or get a dog memory instead of a fish one!

All the team members that were there were easy to remember

Chesterfield - Big dark haired train spotter

Martinmac - the guy with a cigarette in his hand!

Chris'I - The guy without a beer!

Ebized - The old one!

Stew - The fat one with highlights

Easy! :lol:

Ebized - The old one!

PMSL :lol: i remember that selection :lol:

its just sometimes when your talking to someone thinking. hmmm i really dont have a clue who you are, and im sure i should, so maybe it'd be rude to ask :lol: or is that just me :blush:

dog memory.. my dog greets anyone with a loud exhaust as me coming into the driveway. he cant tell 4 pot from v6 which is annoying :dry::bangin:

Ebized - The old one!

PMSL :lol: i remember that selection :lol:

its just sometimes when your talking to someone thinking. hmmm i really dont have a clue who you are, and im sure i should, so maybe it'd be rude to ask :lol: or is that just me :blush:

dog memory.. my dog greets anyone with a loud exhaust as me coming into the driveway. he cant tell 4 pot from v6 which is annoying :dry::bangin:

The best way to remember peoples names is to walk about with a prop such as a tin of SPAM!!! :lol: OR just get yourself to as many meets as possible then you will remember them - failing that look at the car they get out of - probably easier that way! We tried name badges in Wales - it was a good idea but very embarressing! :blush:

Its true I dont tend to drink these days :blush: It mean your memory is spot in the morning though, much to the detest of the drunkards usually :lol:

I just try to get to as many meets as possible and slowly remember peoples names. We did bound about the idea of lanyards before, maybe we need to look at them again :thumbs:

:wheelchair: yep that's me

but that dosen't stop me :drive1 like I stole it :lol:

There are so many great roads in Scotland its difficult to choose but what I would say is a two-day drive-out from a suitable base would be great and makes the long drive for most that more worthwhile. That is why we enjoyed this year's visit so much with the extra days to see more.

And oh, speaking with the B & B landladies they all seemed to think May/June is the best time for the west coast area weather-wise and before it gets too busy ;)

I think we missed a trick by coming back to FA on sunday. I could do the coast run a million times (ending with tea and cakes naturally) and staying in Ullapool sunday night would be great for progressing north.

Might i also suggest that stretching it logistically also helps keep the numbers down! ;) Although having said that, 20 odd cars was well managed this year by the team.

Yup - lets do two days out next time............possibly from Ullapool - do one day going south and one day going north maybe? Or we could just start every day with the Kinlochewe road :teeth:

Stan....you and Luce must've been just ahead of us all the way (or you past us at the pottery we stopped at for coffee) we did the Spean Bridge - Dalwhinnie road too - :cloud9::drive1 must admit didn't see much of the scenery though :blush:

• 3 months later...

hi guys, just looking to get this thread back alive. need to start getting the plans in for the hoon. ill definately be there the weekend this year. the drive up, the drive and drive home in the one day was alot lol.

whats the plans so far?

hi guys, just looking to get this thread back alive. need to start getting the plans in for the hoon. ill definately be there the weekend this year. the drive up, the drive and drive home in the one day was alot lol.

whats the plans so far?

as always they will prob be a surprise and we will get mouth watering tasters throughout the year :lol:

All I can say is there are so many roads up there to enjoy it is a real pleasure :D after putting up with the South East congestion for (most) of the rest of the year :thumbdown: .

And we now know there is a very good reason for driving up to Durness and so yes I feel Ullapool would be a good base for geeting to Applecross, Kinlochewe as well as the north coast and there are plaenty of B & B's and hotels and eateries ;)

All I can say is there are so many roads up there to enjoy it is a real pleasure :D after putting up with the South East congestion for (most) of the rest of the year :thumbdown: .

And we now know there is a very good reason for driving up to Durness and so yes I feel Ullapool would be a good base for geeting to Applecross, Kinlochewe as well as the north coast and there are plaenty of B & B's and hotels and eateries ;)

agreed, so nice to get to proper roads from the spaghetti mess of traffic

also agreed on the ullapool as base at some point :)

Husky , will you snuggling be up to your mate in a one-tent again like last year ? ;)

Maybe Fort Augustus for one night ( I want to see if they have decorated my chalet yet ! :blush: ) then Ullapool as a base for a couple of days.

Husky , will you snuggling be up to your mate in a one-tent again like last year ? ;)

Maybe Fort Augustus for one night ( I want to see if they have decorated my chalet yet ! :blush: ) then Ullapool as a base for a couple of days.

not a chance :lol: i will be a one man army this year. no-one is bringing me down! :yahoo::teeth::yahoo:

oh and chalet for me :drunk::drunk::drunk:

LOL

John dont even think about booking my challet ;):p Mine was big pimping with the fireplace and leather sofa :lol::lol:

LOL

John dont even think about booking my challet ;):p Mine was big pimping with the fireplace and leather sofa :lol::lol:

I've provisionally booked it for the whole of August & September just to make sure I get it mate !!

How jealous was I of your leatherette suites and fake wood fire surround .... affa posh compared to the effort we were in !! :blush::lol:

LOL

ER WHOA THERE! YOUR chalet was it Rent boy?? :lol: