Elbow activated heated seats

Gersen

I've been toying with having some CNC'ed polished ally inserts made to fit into the heated seat switch space to make elbow activation less of an issue. The idea is that the switch would still be accessible with the insert in.

If I make a batch up is anyone else interested in that?

I've been toying with having some CNC'ed polished ally inserts made to fit into the heated seat switch space to make elbow activation less of an issue. The idea is that the switch would still be accessible with the insert in.

If I make a batch up is anyone else interested in that?

Just googled CNC - Civil Nuclear Constabulary? :lol::lol::lol:

I am often accidently turning my heated seats on, so I will be interested in what you come up with :thumbs:

need to see a picture to know exactly what your on about, i know where you mean and have a rough idea, but can't see how it will stop elbow activation.

I shall post when I've made a prototype

CNC - computer numerical control.... just means that I make an electronic design that a computer controlled milling machine then makes. These days it's generally called CAD/CAM (Computer aided design/Computer aided machining).

i'm up for one, drove 200 miles and thought my arse was on fire :p

Out of interest do you even have heated seats?

:lol:

need to see a picture to know exactly what your on about, i know where you mean and have a rough idea, but can't see how it will stop elbow activation.

I shall post when I've made a prototype

CNC - computer numerical control.... just means that I make an electronic design that a computer controlled milling machine then makes. These days it's generally called CAD/CAM (Computer aided design/Computer aided machining).

i'm up for one, drove 200 miles and thought my arse was on fire :p

Out of interest do you even have heated seats?

;) i know i teach it :lol:

CAM = Computer Aided Manufacturing - at least that is how I knew it 20 odd years ago - sorry, I'm being pedantic now! :p

CAM = Computer Aided Manufacturing - at least that is how I knew it 20 odd years ago - sorry, I'm being pedantic now! :p

your correct, you go to the top of the class :lol::thumbs:

your correct, you go to the top of the class :lol::thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:

But you'll need CAD first to make the initial CNC, which then may lead on to CAM if the prototype is succesful :lol::lol::lol:

While your there, make a faux butto for the third slot that reads "Passenger Ejector Seat"

I think I have an idea what you are making, basically a plate that goes over the existing panel, so that the buttons are recessed, thus avoiding the elbow activation, yes?

I am now making a button that stops my thread being hijacked by pedants

It will divert them to a thread for arguing over :-

DVD meaning Digitally Versatile Disc or Digital Video Disc and Duct Tape or Duck Tape.

Should keep them busy for a while.

For those with no visual imagination this sketch should give you an idea........

insert.jpg

If you can get your elbows in those holes then more power to you! :)

CAD/CAM?? I'm now at GOD/DAMN

all straight edges and true radius fillets.... you used Autocad I guess.

Interior trim that might contact the occupant in an accident must not have radii less than 3.0mm, and all styled fillets have a run-in so for a 3mm "peak" you'd lead in from 5 or 6 mm tangent curves - more pedantry as I sell software for automotive design and have been involved in this field for 25 years

by the way, what are you guys doing to get your eblows down by the seat heater buttons?

i agree with rich on the dimensions for saftey reasons. sorry to be dull its habit nowadays (back me up here rich :lol: )

can i guess at inventor being used :p i understand its a sketch for our imaginative benefit btw ;)

only AL your thinking of or any other materials?